Immortal Prats

Bigv32

Prince
So I recently have been looking into stepping up to emperor from monarch. I have been playing around with cyrus and as the romans on earth 18 civs. Then I had an idea. This is definently probably considered cheating (even more so than using wordbuilder lol) but it was fun for a while.

I started a hotseat game and played as both the Persians and Romans. Do you have any idea how many AI you can wipe out before midevil times? The answer is all of them but those in the new world. Seriously the game was so easy that I finally just quit. I my move to diety and try it to see how it goes.

Is this a good way to learn how to play the higher levels or just a fun way to try some new things?

maybe fun, but really far from standard settings.
earth is already easier than other maps.

Especially for Persia, and doubly so for Rome. Rome on earth maps is about three difficulty levels lower.

To OP: It's just a fun way to try new things (or old things, rush with two of the best rushers). Definitely not practice to move up in level. Remember, on earth maps, the AI's at Monarch and above don't start with archers.

Is this a good way to learn how to play the higher levels or just a fun way to try some new things?

Maybe fun for a while, but the real test is when you play against higher levels alone :p. Of course playing like how you described is maybe a nice way to see how fast AI expands their lands and how fast they move in tech tree compared to lower levels.

I think you'll learn more just from one of Kossin's DR shadow games than trying to use the same worn-out strategies. Difficulty is a relative thing here, like being the tallest midget.

Top Bottom