Immortal Wang Kong. Early game plan

soundjata

reluctant warrior
Well I started a game, randomed Wang Kong on a Pangea standard map/speed.

Difficulty is immortal.

For those who would like to shadow it, here is the starting scene with warrior moved:
Spoiler :

Edit: Save is attached now thanks to vicawoo tip.:goodjob:

61 turns into the game, this is my position:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :
I decided to prioritize cottages: Agri > the wheel > pottery then Bronze working > hunting > archery > animal husbandry > writing

Not much trouble with barbs with enough warriors and archers around my cities.

Jao is my neighbour to the north-east. My next city is going at the pig site. Anyone would advise settling on the stone instead of where I marked the city ?

Animal husbandry revealed horses under my second city spot (Pyongyang). As writing is finishing next turn, I foresee a possible HA rush on Isabella :queen: :hammer:

I'd like some advice here on what I need to prioritize for this war.

Below is my plan. Please critisize :mischief:

1. More cities
I think 2 more cities is what I can afford:
Pig/stone (block Joao)
Deer (production base for HA with many forests)

2. City plan
Seoul: whip a settler, finish a granary, build a library, then get ready with barracks + stables
Pyongyang: chop a couple of work boats, build a worker, whip a settler. Then build HA
Pigcity: chop a settler, whip a granary and maybe barracks
Deercity: HA only through chops (a monument first maybe)

According to this plan, I'll mostly get unpromoted HA. Is this ok?

3. War plan
Reckon through Liz land (maybe build a scout somewhere)
Get ready with 10-12 HA before declaring
Take the sheep city first then Madrid (close to the east I guess)
Maybe take one more city (she might settle the fish site) and try to have alphabet ready in time to sign peace for techs. (I don't know if this is realistic :confused:)
10 turns later, wipe Liz out of the map.

Another question: Can you see the juicy site with gold and copper in the north? I'd love to settle a city there asap and block anyone coming from the north. Is it a bad idea? why?

Thank you guys for your comments. :goodjob: I'll play another session tonight and report.

Attachments

• wang kong soundjata.Civ4SavedGame
    60.5 KB · Views: 94
Advanced, manage attachments

1560 BC with city 2 size 1 looks pretty bad, I would liked to see at least 3 cities.

not sure why you don't have marked the pigs+stone city spot on desert.
that fish + silk city spot marked should be 1E to get gold too.

i would have liked the horse city 1NW

1560 BC with city 2 size 1 looks pretty bad, I would liked to see at least 3 cities.
OK, was scared of barbarians so spent a lot of hammers on units

not sure why you don't have marked the pigs+stone city spot on desert.
It is marked on the coastal desert

that fish + silk city spot marked should be 1E to get gold too.
OK

i would have liked the horse city 1NW
Even without knowing a horse was there ?

OK, was scared of barbarians so spent a lot of hammers on units

It is marked on the coastal desert

OK

Even without knowing a horse was there ?

ah sorry my eyes are misleading me (the desert pigs+stone)...you know age and everything.

About the horses, that is actually tricky question :). I like without creative settling food in 1st ring, so not sure what I would do here.

right now not sure about starting techs of Korea, but if you have not fishing I would probably not settle coastal areas, especially if you have some other spots with land food.
But I am surely now influenced by the hindsight.

ah btw I wouldn't hunt for the copper+gold far in the north east...it's all jungle anyway.

I think HA rush is reasonably good plan given that I see how you are boxed in from both directions.

Fishing is one of WK starting techs indeed :)
the other one is mysticism. That's why I put Pyongyang at that location. It did not require additional technology to get going.
BTW in this game I aimed at prioritizing hammers over food tiles very early game :mischief: <Fear of the barbs> My screenshot is a blur but I have something like 5-6 soldiers atm

edit. Protective archers FTW :D

Mmm, your attached save seems to be for vanilla, and starts with Isabella?

Top Bottom