1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Imnimo's Leaders

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Unreleased Mods' started by Imnimo, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Imnimo

Imnimo Chieftain

I made a new leader for each of the base game civs, plus the Aztecs. You can download them individually here:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=1305107926

I would love to get some feedback about balancing their abilities, as I'm not really an expert Civ player.

Abd al-Malik of Arabia
    Dome of the Rock - Cities with a Holy Site receive +20% production towards wonders. Desert and Desert Hills provide +1 adjacency bonus for Commercial districts.
    I wanted to make this a bonus towards wonder production in holy cities, but I couldn't figure out how to make a modifier to do that.

Aethelstan of England
    Witenagemot - Receive +2 Influence points per turn towards envoys. Each envoy at a city-state produces an additional +1 culture and +1 science.
    I'm reasonably happy with this one, but I'm not sure what reasonable values are for per-envoy bonuses. Is +1 too little?

Ahuitzotl of the Aztecs
    Terror of Tenochtitlan - Recieves +25% production towards military units. Combat victories earn 5 bonus Great Engineer Points.
    Is 25% production for military units too strong? What's a reasonable amount of Great Engineer points to award on a combat victory?

Berengaria of Spain
    The Mothering Queen - Temples generate +4 Culture, and Amphitheaters generate +4 Faith. Construct Entertainment Districts and Holy Sites in half the time.
    I'm not happy with this one. I had planned to give her a diplomatic power to represent her role in uniting the crowns of Aragon and Castile, but trouble finding fitting modifiers. I settled on representing her patronage of religious art, but I plan to revisit this.

Chandragupta II of India
    Vikramaditya - Receives a 50% bonus to great person points for writers, scientists and engineers. Great works of writing produce double culture.
    The art for this guy is ridiculous. I found it on a book cover. Turns out it's tough to find a full body painting of him in a standing position.

Clovis I of France
    Lex Salica - Grants an extra Economic policy slot, and monuments provide 50% more Culture.
    How much is an extra policy slot worth? Does he need a better second bonus?

Ferdinand II of Germany
    Edict of Restitution - Combat victories provide Faith equal to 50% of the defeated unit's strength.
    I like this one. Not sure about the exact percentage, but happy with the concept.

Henry Clay of America
    The American System - Domestic trade routes provide +3 Production, +3 Food and +3 Gold.
    This one I think is too strong. Maybe +2 instead?

Honorio Hermeto of Brazil
    Melhoramentos - Builds can build one extra improvement. Plantations generate +2 Production.
    This one I'm pretty happy with.

Indanthyrsus of Scythia
    Tactical Retreat - Light Cavalry units can move after attacking.
    A little worried about this one. Not sure how weak/strong this is.

Kangxi of China
    Sacred Edict - Receive a free builder when completing a Holy Site or Campus
    This seems pretty reasonable, I think?

Kimpa Vita of Kongo
    Nganga Marinda - All districts receive +2 Fath from being adjacent to other districts. Apostles automatically receive the Chaplain promotion.
    This is another one where I had ambitious ideas, but didn't have the know-how to implement them. I envisioned Kimpa Vita as having a power that could subvert or take over a foreign religion in your country, but it seems like it would require a lot of work to implement something like that.

Kubaba of Sumeria
    Alewife of Kish - Cities recieve +2 Amenities and +15% faster growth.
    My original idea for Kubaba was to improve the bonuses cities get for having excess amenities, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that.

Olga of Kiev of Russia
    Avenger of Igor - Units receive +5 combat strength against Barbarians. May purchase cavalry units with faith.
    I like the extra combat strength against barbarians. The purchasing cavalry with faith seems a bit disconnected though. I want to revisit this one.

Polycrates of Greece
    Master of the Aegean - Receive a second copy whenever you train a naval melee unit. Yields from plundering sea trade routes are doubled, and fishing boats produce +2 Gold.
    Originally I wanted him to get bonus gold from plundering fishing boats, but the modifier for plundering only gives more of the default plunder yield (which is just health for fishing boats).

Shotoku of Japan
    Cap Rank System - Receive +50% Great Scientist Points. International trade routes produce +4 science.
    I like the theme of this one, but not sure about the numbers.

Sigurd I of Norway
    Jorsalfar - Units receive +6 Strength and +1 Movement when on another continent. Relics produce double faith.
    This one was a pain to implement and test. At one point it was giving the bonuses to other civs' units.

Tarquin the Elder of Rome
    Ludi Romani - Receive 50% extra Production towards Entertainment Districts and Buildings. Arenas, Zoos and Stadiums produce bonus Faith.
    This one seems fine, maybe a bit weak?

Thutmose III of Egypt
    Pharaoh's Tribute - Receive +5% Gold for every city state you are Suzerain of. Conquering a city earns a free envoy.
    Very happy with this one. Not quite sure how big the gold bonus should be, though.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  2. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy Civ is brain candy.

I like what you are doing here. I was planning to do this a while back for Civ5 but never got around to it. Have you thought about redoing the base game leaders for consistency?

Imnimo likes this.
  3. Imnimo

Imnimo Chieftain

That's an interesting idea. I spent some time trying to make the backgrounds look like the base game ones, but eventually gave up on it. I could just redo the art for the base ones to make them look more like my crappy cut-outs! :)

4. UncivilizedGuy

UncivilizedGuy Civ is brain candy.

You don't really need to use the existing art if it's a hassle. Substituting with new art is just as good in my opinion. I like the art that you used. I don't know how practical it would be to take a screen shot of the original art and somehow put it back in the game so that it looks good.

5. kul

kul Chieftain

Intresting work! I like the Arabia one. Would you be making more alternate leaders for other DLCs and R&F guys? Anybody you had in mind?

Also, I just noticed that this is the unreleased mods forum? I thought you had released them so maybe contacting an admin to remove this to released mods part might be a good idea.

6. Imnimo

Imnimo Chieftain

I think I'll try to work my way through the DLC and expansion civs. I'm looking at Henry Parkes as a possible leader for Australia.

The reason I put it in the unreleased forum is that I couldn't figure out how to post it in the released mods forum!

7. kul

kul Chieftain

If Im not mistaken, you need to contact mods directly asking them to remove it there. Things maybe a bit quiet nowadays, so maybe they didnt notice. Inserting some pics into your opening post might also help convince them.

Try joining the discord group mate, there's a bunch of tutorials there around, some about making the background tutorials for the leader art or some other modding stuff.

8. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

see https://forums.civfanatics.com/reso...-discussion-thread-in-resource-manager.25392/

you don't have to actually post a file, a link is enough.