Imperalism - A swap to improve Coastal Cities

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
Throwing this around as an idea. There is some complaints that coastal cities don't hold up as strongly as more land based ones...especially island type cities.

One change that may assist with that, and give imperialism a boost as well.

Take the +1 production for coast, ocean, and lakes from the finisher and put it on Colonialism. Then move the 25% upgrade reduction to the finisher (the finisher would still include the science bonus). Or swap the science part of it instead, whichever makes more sense.

I think this moves gives island heavy players an option to strengthen their cities more as well as reinforcing imperialism's sea based theme. And no big code changes for G:)

Thoughts?

Yeah I was under the impression that we were going to see a scaler rework or something for Imperialism, from what G said a bit back. Has that been deemed no longer necessary?

Yeah I was under the impression that we were going to see a scaler rework or something for Imperialism, from what G said a bit back. Has that been deemed no longer necessary?

Yep - changes to units has led to more hard-building for units late-game. No longer needed.

G

Still, Imperialism is so war centric, that I only picked it successfully once in my life, playing polynesia, because I had tons of tiny islands and thought it could help (and it did, specially controlling the seas). Industrialism is also good for warring, but it's not limited to it.

Even authority can be played with fewer wars, just feeding on barbarians.

Still, Imperialism is so war centric, that I only picked it successfully once in my life, playing polynesia, because I had tons of tiny islands and thought it could help (and it did, specially controlling the seas). Industrialism is also good for warring, but it's not limited to it.

Even authority can be played with fewer wars, just feeding on barbarians.

Imperialism has a lot more than just war.

G

I would just want the Farm bonus to be available with 3 Policies instead of 4, in case I want to cherry pick for that bonus alone.

I like Imperialism's double monopoly bonus. Probably the most fun part of the tree. Of any of the three trees really.

Top Bottom