1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Imperia Mobiana

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Tani Coyote, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

invest all gold into military.

2. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Just a passenger

Oceania

Claims:

10 gold in the Mobian lottery
    Rest of income in army tech.

3. Tani Coyote

Tani Coyote Canis Latranscendental

And with that, only CivG's orders remain~

I look forward to the shenanigans I shall soon unleash.

4. Aiolos

Aiolos Prince

Offer of an alliance still stands ;)

5. Brushwaterkhan

Brushwaterkhan Chieftain

to civgneral?

6. Tani Coyote

No, to Angel Island(I'm pretty sure).

Oh! Speaking of the Isle of Angels~

----

The Diary of Knuckles - Day 3, 9 PC (3249 MY)

I awoke today to find X missing. All attempts at contact failed - even when I tried the Chaos method he had taught me. It must be important if he keeps his "reception" off.

However, after a frantic search, I discovered a letter from him. It is enclosed.

"Knuckles,

I apologize deeply for my abrupt leave. Haven II's networking was compromised today, so we had to shut it down. We gathered what info that we could.

The Brotherhood and I took off immediately; we had to find out who could have attacked such a secure network as Haven's. This leaves the Island's fate entirely in your hands.

I know we've made a lot of our decisions together, but I know you're capable of handling things on your own while we investigate.

You are the Avatar. Your destiny is to protect these people and lead them to prosperity, which they have so long been denied.

Follow your heart, Guardian, and it shall not lead you wrong. Your father raised a fine son.

-X"

Initially, I did panic a bit, as I stated. Not only was one of my increasingly-closest comrades missing, but I now had no one to discuss policy with.

I've decided to use the Council as an advisory body until X returns, from wherever the heck he went. I just hope I don't screw this up...

Day 69, 9 PC

I have taken the position of Avatar of Angel Island.

The people know I am the real power around here, and I figured it'd be good to make it official. My new position has supreme authority over treaties and the military; the Mitre will continue to supervise the Council as head of the echidna faith, but now, he will be limited to domestic politics.

I'm leaving most day to day stuff in the hands of the Mitre, High Councilor and the Council; I don't have time to deal with whether the current tax rate is good or not. I need to focus on the bigger issues, primarily foreign policy and our response to any threats or situations abroad.

I just hope this is the right choice.

Day 103, 9 PC

The Redeemers of Mercia, losing power, have steadily been trying to find ways to save their sorry hides.

Imagine my surprise at them being bold enough to attack Albion! One of the few places the echidna people are safe, the city put up a fight, but having been destroyed by Dr. Finitevus, it still hasn't recovered to its once nearly-impenetrable state. It was overrun after some intense fighting.

I am the Avatar. I can't let my people be oppressed. I flew down to Mercia, all alone, asking them to release Albion, or at least its people.

They laughed in my face. I remember what X told me, to keep my composure; being laughed at was a natural part of being in power. Lucky I took his advice or there would have been some broken noses... and limbs.

I returned to Angel Island, however. While I could have crushed the group I met with on my own - these Chaos powers are coming in handy - I decided we'd settle this the old fashioned way...

7. Tani Coyote

Mobian Lottery!

Link to video.

Several states, in an attempt to strengthen international cooperation and peace, have started the Mobian lottery, where governments put money towards the pot. They can put anywhere from 5-10 gold into the pot, which determines how much the prize is worth + how high their chances will be. If there are three states, two of which put 5 gold in and a second which puts 10 in, the second state's chances are 50% since it put in 50% of the prize.

The states participating are:

-Oceania (10 gold)
    -Land of a Million Lights (10 gold)
    -Mexico (10 gold)
    -Acorn Republic (10 gold)
    -Felidae (10 gold)
    -Lupus (10 gold)

-Mazuri (10 gold)
    -Spagonia (10 gold)
    -Shamar (10 gold)
    -Yagyu (10 gold)
    -Raiju (10 gold)
    -Dragon Kingdom (10 gold)

Such high turnout has split the group into two!

The winners are:

-Land of a Million Lights in Group 1; Dragon Kingdom in Group 2!

That concludes this year's Lottery.

8. Tani Coyote

The time hath cometh.

Redeemer-Echidna War

Rob O' the Hedge, King in Exile of Mercia, doesn't know whether to celebrate the new turn of events. The Angel Island forces have attacked, demanding the release of Albion and its echidna population. The racist Redeemer government, refusing, is now in the crosshairs of Nipples the Enchilada.

The Redeemers prepare a solid defense - 9 ships. The Avatar summons 12 ships, and also enjoys an advantage of +2 to all rolls. Combat rolls will be from 1-12.

8 9
    12 4
    9 12
    2 9
    8 10
    11 5
    8 8
    2 7
    2 6
    12 12
    1 8
    10 6

When the smoke clears, the Avatar has lost 5 ships and the Redeemers 7. Knuckles is not satisfied, however, and just builds more ships!

6 7
    9 6

With those mongrels gone, he now has free reign over the Northern seas!

He raises 26 armies to go against Mercia's 21. With control of the seas, scooping up islands and keeping the Redeemers off them will be easy.

11 9
    1 3
    1 2
    11 2
    9 2

One army is lost but 4 provinces are seized.

He demands the surrender of the Mercians and says that no concessions will be required besides Albion and the newly-occupied Island. They refuse! He orders an assault on their capital.

6 2

After that falls, he orders a systematic destruction of Mercian forces.

11 4
    6 3
    4 10
    12 1

Mercia is left worse for wear, with only 19 provinces; the Echidna blitz has seized their homeland.

The Redeemer government is on its last legs, but orders a counterattack. Knuckles' sole reaction?

6 7
    7 9
    6 10
    11 12

11 7

After 5 battles, finally a victory.

10 6
    10 4
    3 1

3 12
    5 6

Mercia is left with 7 armies and 21 provinces, most of which are unguarded.

Knuckles, meanwhile, now commands an empire of 72 provinces, with several secret alliances to guard it. He extends offers of trade to all on a first-come, first-served basis. Currently, he has trade agreements with Glassurica and New England.

9. Mathalamus

Ibersia accepts the trade agreement with knuckles.

10. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    You will NOT automate my nation. Geeze, this game is moving way to fast now.

Military 15
    Economy: 15
    10 to the lottery (if it's not to late)
    bank the rest in the vault

11. Tani Coyote

Yes my update speed tends to fluctuate... with the simplified nature of things now, updates go by quicker! :)

I also enjoy the irony that the first Knuckles journal was post 666. Foreshadowing? (Even better is I mentioned the "Isle of the Angels" :rotfl:)

Redeemer-Echidna War 2.0

The Avatar has no interest in conquering all of Mercia; he desires only the homeland and to liberate Albion from its oppressors. Accordingly, he has begun selling provinces to countries for 6 gold... he takes the provinces and gives them to the buyer, allowing them to focus on peace while he collects provinces for them. 18 gold is taken from Spagonia, and 3 provinces acquired and handed off. 12 gold comes from Ibersia.

With some spare armies, 5 are shipped off to Mercia.

3 9
    10 3
    12 10
    11 8

Raising one more, Knuckles suffers a defeat.

Spagonia is hungry for land, however, and so gives their whole treasury to the Guardian. It pays for 3 armies when combined, and they are promised 2 provinces.

10 5
    9 7

Before long, the King of Deerwood, Robert O' Hedge - better known as Rob O' the Hedge - has seized control of the government with his Krazy Kritter Freedom Fighters. Abolishing the Redeemer Dominion at last, he signs a hasty peace, ceding Albion to the Republic of Angel Island.

In exchange, what's left of Mercia falls under Rob O's jurisdiction; likewise, he is appointed Governor of Echidna-controlled Mercia.

Mercia is soon placed under the sphere of influence of Angel Island, with its independence being guaranteed.

12. Double A

Double A wak

... Nipples the Enchilada?

13. Tani Coyote

Obviously a joke name for Knuckles the Echidna. Along with Arms the Fox(Tails), Batface the Rogue(Rouge the Bat) and Original the Character(Shadow) in this one Sonic parody comic. :p

Ahem, anyway...

That's a one-turn war. Seems the echidnas know the art of the blitzkrieg!

Now, how long will the world be at peace..? 83

Probably not long, assuming Spaghetti(Spagonia) invades Raiju.

14. Double A

Double A wak

Nipples just stuck out to me like a wet T-shirt.

15. Tani Coyote

Alright. I have stats for the next turn compiled. I'll wait a bit before updating, though...

16. Aiolos

Aiolos Prince

Glassurica guarantees Raiju. :) bring it on.

17. Mathalamus

is anyone there a neutral power who is content to stay in their own little corner?

18. Aiolos

Aiolos Prince

We have a word for nations like them. Victim is most certainly not it.

19. Mathalamus

not planning that. i am planning for the neutral nations to stick together so an opportunist nation doesn't do what you think i'm doing.

20. Brushwaterkhan

Brushwaterkhan Chieftain

i wonder if nations can form other nations like in civ 4?