1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Imperia Mobiana

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Tani Coyote, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Tani Coyote

Tani Coyote Praise Huehuecoyotl

The Diary of Knuckles - Day 5, 11 PC (3251 MY)

Okay, so my plan to swipe Spagonia's Master Shards didn't go as planned. But hey, I didn't do anything wrong; the Master Emerald - or its pieces! - belongs to Angel Island and its inhabitants.

I know what I'm talking about; I've always been Guardian of the Master Emerald and Angel Island. It's still in my list of titles as much as "Avatar."

Sooo... since they wouldn't give it over peacefully, I decided to make my move. X chastised me for it after he found out, saying I've worked too hard to throw it all away.

Julie... oh Aurora, don't get me started. I finally get all the wife jokes that are popular off the Island.

She says I can't be reckless.

She's right. Doing things secretly won't garner us the respect we deserve. I've got a plan.

---

Nakkaruzu za Ekiduna has invaded Spagonia.

Spagonia and Angel Island prep their defenses! Spagonia rallies 20 armies near the border, but will it be enough?

Knuckles, rallies 20.

7 4
    9 3
    6 5
    6 9
    10 3
    5 5
    11 12
    5 8
    10 11
    9 7

That first wave is beautiful! 5 troops are lost on each side.

9 1
    7 10
    4 9
    3 9
    10 3
    12 1
    9 9
    1 2
    9 3
    12 4

Again, 5 on each side.

Not deterred, however, Knuckles just summons more!

6 2
    7 10
    6 2
    9 5
    11 6

Excellent!

11 2
    6 6
    8 1
    8 5
    8 3

That second wave wipes out 2 provinces.

Knux summons 5 armies with the last of his gold, tasked with wiping out the bloody Spagonians.

1 4
    12 2

Very nice.

Day 39, 11 PC

Seems like we had a modest success. We should have an easier time after this.

Julie's upset, but I explained the Spagonians were planning reprisal, and so, we were stuck in this thanks to my earlier rash actions. She forgave me. Woo. That's one crisis averted.

2. Aiolos

Aiolos Prince

Bull. Crap. Sir. Thou GM shall not change the rules of engagement to keep his story line alive in a tactical war game. The armies are shown on the map. I should know of my opponents forces. The map is empty and the stats say that there are no opposing forces. Opposing forces are not weeds sir. This is not Afghanistan. That will be next campaign sir. Play by your own rules sir, Spagonia should have sprouted defences too sir. Demand at minimum another chance to buy and use units this war sir, or preferably time traveled back (attack never happened) and myself detailed with knowlage of NPC forces sir.

3. Tani Coyote

Spagonia did prepare defenses; each side is given a chance to give orders before combat commences. Spagonia wore down most of Knuckles' units, but a few slipped through; there were just too many.

Raiju defenses are light, with 1 army guarding each entrance province, and 3 guarding the capital. Their glory days are over.

4. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

I FOUGHT MY WAY THROUGH ENCHINDIA HELL

Link to video.
    Because Tanny won't use this kick-butt theme

"What happened to the Green Hill Expenditionary Force? Abandoned by these slobs. We fought for you, and you rewarded by stranding us there. I did things over in Angel Island, while I'm proud of, you would consider "war crimes". My claws personally experinced more blood than my body has ever produced. But I did what I had to do in order to survive. And we Green Hillians, must do the same as well.

The council is corrupt. They allowed their own citizens to be abandoned because out there, some enchindia will be offended. They did nothing when Green Hill was threatened by Mexico's ramparding imperalism in rightful Green Hill lands. They then changed the name of our country! We are not Acornians, nor shall we ever be associated to them! They are dead! But Green Hill is alive, and will never die!

Aatto, giving his speech

We will not stand by to this! We the citizenry, must retake our rightful power back! Nothing will stop in our way! Nothing is impossible! We must seize the oppertunity! We will take down the tryanny, and liberate ourselves! This will require sacerfices, but every struggle we will go through will. But the freedom of our children, and their children, is worth it.

My final message to you all is simple. From now on the council rules nothing but the people under their so-called "laws". Today is the birth of the Unitied Green Hill Empie! The freedom of Green Hill starts now!

Aatto, we're done here!

The Hand of Aatto, which would later be associated with him and the empire

Any pictures used by me to represent Aatto is not drawn by me, and should not be thought as so. All rights go to their respective artists

5. Aiolos

Aiolos Prince

Ok, sorry about that. I was a little... ticked. If the defender uhh knows your attack plans, a sneak attack is... well, not sneaky. With the 30% bonus to defenders, sneak attacks have absolutely no value.
    I did try to use only existing forces to make it easier. I figured they would simply buy armies and counter attack from their remaining provinces. Anyway, to fix this, all income and all gold in the vault into armies. Not sure what the map looks like, but take every. single. territory. possible. Mammoth is pissed enough to turn all those people into Robotniks, provided we had the tech. Dont suppose the big E in the sky wants to rip out some souls?

6. Tani Coyote

Fortunately, the 30% bonus only applies if you invade via the air.

Big E doesn't know what you're talking about!

---

Alright, with Glassurica's army levels boosted a bit, it's time for a retake.

7 6
    10 9
    12 10
    12 1
    4 4

With that, all of the northern Raiju are exterminated.

In total, 14 provinces are seized by Mogul forces. But with a healthy surplus to spare and the ability to move 3 provinces per turn, the entire Raiju realm is open to attack!

4 4
    10 8
    11 2

Undefeated, the Raiju capital falls.

The Raiju's last stand:

1 1

Wow. Undefeated. And this was not rigged. I am impressed.

Glassurica catapults forward in tech levels, gaining 138 in Army tech and 70 in Econ.

Glassurica still has 177 gold. Oh what will it be used for?

Also, Yagyu and Dragon Kingdom sign a defensive pact with the need being more apparent.

7. Tani Coyote

Diary of Knuckles - Day 50, 11 PC

As I wait for changes on the Spagonian front, something has caught my eye.

Looks like Sally's been overthrown again. From what my agents tell me, she has fled, but the government may try to make it look like she was executed. After her last near run-in with death, however, I doubt she's stupid enough to make herself so easily targeted.

I wonder if the new leader of Green Hill will cause rifts in the Northamer Alliance. Perhaps. Perhaps not. The continent is of no interest to me apart from its Master Shards.

I've discussed with the Brotherhood, High Council, and Julie. They agree we should stay out of it and let that mess be handled by the natives. I'd send Sally - a childhood friend of mine - an offer to come to the Island, but I'd be afraid of Green Hill authorities picking up the signal and therefore finding out where she is.

She'll get in touch when she needs to, I guess.

Being in power isn't as fun as it used to be.

Blue Blur Blog - Day 72, 11 PC

What the heck? Me and Sal have been havin' quite a bit of fun trying to evade Aatto's mooks; unfortunately for them, nobody's as fast as me.

I mean it when I say fun! Sitting on some throne isn't for me. I prefer field work. Gettin' my feet dirty. And just when I was afraid I wasn't gonna be able to fight a tyrant anymore...

Sal's okay. She was almost killed by a bullet, but Quack patched her up good. She'll be ready to lead again in no time.

Though, I'm not nervous about some tin-pot tyrant or Robuttnik showing his face; I'm more nervous about something that happened when I went to get some firewood...

There was this freak standin' there as I turned back towards camp. He didn't look like any ordinary person, all tall, dark and creepy.

"You one of the 'goose's goons?" I asked him; how was I supposed to know if the guy had assassins or not in the area?

He spoke in a low, creepy voice, "I assure you, Sonic Hedgehog, Aatto is too beneath me to even dream of being my employer. Indeed, I'm an employer myself... and with so many of my pawns being taken these past two years or so... I'm in need of new ones. Perhaps you'd be interested?"

Naturally, I told him no. That merely caused him to chuckle, as he slowly walked towards me...

"Well, if I can't get you to join me... I might as well get something out of this."

Before I could ask what weirdo meant, he had put his arms to his sides and two beams of red energy were in his hands!

Link to video.

"Let's see if your speed is a match for my power, shall we?"

Needless to say, I got back in one piece. But he sure gave me a run for my money. I was faster, but what he lacked in the speed of his feet he made up in the speed of his arms. I think I got a free quillcut from this dude!

Eventually, he managed to swipe me off my feet - oww - and looked like he was about to finish me off. However, he pulled his sword away, saying that while it was entertaining, he had to make himself scarce.

He asked if I knew Knuckles. I said we were "buds" but with his recent power trip there's been... tension. Yeah, that's the ticket.

He hmmphed, apparently satisfied. I said it was only fair I get my own question... and he agreed.

I asked his name and what he wanted. He said that the second one didn't count; he had asked only one question and so only the first would get an answer.

"While names are of no importance to me... you may call me..." He turned to me, as he was fading away somehow... "Nazo."

With that, freakazoid was gone. Some of my friends soon found me and wondered what had happened, and why it had taken so long. I made up an excuse that I took in the scenery and forgot the time.

Stuff just keeps gettin' weirder and weirder these days.

8. Omega124

Uh, Tanny, Sal has been dead. FOr quite a while. She was killed in my back story. Executed.

9. Tani Coyote

Sounds like alternate timelines that will be up to the beholder. ;)

That or Chaos Knux altered the timeline again but I'm not that cheap. ;)

10. Aiolos

Aiolos Prince

"Anything is possible, when your man stops using boring Earth IOT's and switch to Morbus"...

OOC: 3 super villains in play, plus Mammoth... In the name of survival, I may have to overthrow my own government so I can, uh, play nice with others :mischief: . Then again, who needs survival anyway?

Um.. Final orders: Gold into vault, attempt to steal Spagonia's Master Shards. Who knows, might get lucky

11. Tani Coyote

The comic continuity has several supervillains that all tend to coexist: Mammoth Mogul, Ixis Naugus, Regina Ferrum, Dr. Eggman, and Dr. Finitevus... and more usually. There was A.D.A.M. and Robotnik but they're both dead.

Regina I imagine is still in her cell, while Fin's been ka-powed. Naugus is... I have no clue.

The supervillains I can see are:

-Nazo (as he calls himself)
    -Knuckles (eventually)
    -Eggman
    -Mammoth (freelance antagonist)

Failure, but not discovered. :p

To clarify, Nazo is not the Sonic X Nazo - http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Nazo

12. Aiolos

Aiolos Prince

Not too many characters who shoot laser beams out of their hands... "Mystery" huh?

13. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems

GREAT SCOTTS!!!! Y'all know what happens when we mess and poke fun at the Fun Timey Wimey Ball!! :run:

14. Tani Coyote

No worries, CivG. Let's look at it this way:

-In IOT IV, Omega had every RL day be a day in game. I had ever RL day be six months. Then I believe Mathalamus had each one be three months. And so on. This is why I've tried to standardise dates in all my games ever since.

-In the comics, after Robotnik was killed by his own superweapon, Knothole was put in a special zone three hours ahead of everything around it.

Having multiple timelines is nothing new. ;)

I just refuse to kill someone as plot-centric as Sally in my plots is all. :p

He's pretty blunt with the nickname obviously. :lol:

Laser beams, red swords, you name it. If you need an idea what I mean, I give to you:

It was obvious I had inspiration from the Unknowns of KH anyway. ;)

----

Spagonia suffered serious damage, but is eager to counterattack!

3 armies attack the Echidnas the old fashioned way.

12 10
    12 12
    7 12

1 success but 2 armies are destroyed. With that done, the Spagonians try a daring move - they teleport two armies to Echidnaopolis itself! One army takes a province outside the capital, while the other:

5 12

Suffers the wrath of Chaos Knuckles.

With Spagonia's retribution a mere 2 provinces, Knuckles is amused - or would be but they have dared transgress on the sacred land of the echidnas!

6 4

Quickly remedied.

With that, Spagonia is finished, and now open to counterattack. Knuckles is happy to oblige, and summoning some agents, he finds customers around the globe, interested in some new real estate. Raising his rates to 6.5 per province - thus incentivising people to buy in lots of 2 - the customers still pour in for cheap land.

Mazuri gives 52 gold for 8 provinces. They sign a disclaimer that since an enemy army must be destroyed, they may not get them all.

11 10

Of course, Knuckles still obliterates them all! Mazuri's income jumps 12 per turn, meaning that within 5 turns, their investment will have paid back, not counting investments in Econ tech.

Knux soon wins Shamar over, getting 8 provinces bought by them as well!

8 5

With a Spagonian force harmlessly destroyed, Spagonia is easily overrun.

Knuckles raises 6 armies with his profits, for his own purposes - he intends to seize Spagonia's capital.

4 2
    12 6

1 12
    9 2
    8 11

Alas, he is foiled!

Shamar buys another 8 provinces, but half have armies in them.

9 3
    8 5
    2 9
    12 11
    10 7

Shamar still makes out with 7.

Using his personal cash, Knuckles raises several armies to clear the way.

Shamar soon wins 6 more provinces, the Sheik spending every penny on cheap land.

Knuckles almost has all he needs, reducing Spagonia to near nothing. Only 4 armies protect the interior.

The Dragon Kingdom is quickly rung up. They pay for 6 provinces.

With that, Knuckles has enough cash for 4 armies, and that's how many victories he needs to complete his master plan. He lets 'er rip!

12 6
    12 8
    3 11 - Tease! :mad:
    5 2

Only 1 province remains of Spagonia. Knuckles gets 4 gold from Mazuri and promises them 5 gold next turn!

8 1

Excellent! Knuckles seizes the last Spagonian province!

Since there were multiple combatants, tech is spread proportional to how much territory each combatant seized.

15. Tani Coyote

To all who think rebs are no a problem:

Dragon Kingdom literally spent 175 gold crushing the rebels - that is, 32 armies, of which, 25 were destroyed by the rebels. Good lord!

Eggman celebrates this victory by hacking the world's systems yet again and breaking into song and dance:

Link to video.

16. Omega124

WANTED: DEAD OR ALIVE

Artist's rendition

This Hedgehog, Sonic, is wanted dead or alive for:

*Spreading Monarchist propaganda that Sally is still alive

*Evading duties as a citizen of Green Hill

*Defacing the name of Gotterdammerung

*Disrupting the peace

*Attacking law enforcement

*Most likely excessive use of cocaine to get speed

There is a bounty 10000000 Rings (100000 USD) for the capture or information leading to the capture of Sonic. Any person caught knowingly harboring this man will be fined 100000 Rings (10000 USD) and/or 20 years in prison.​

17. Tani Coyote

Sonic is disappoint you assume he gets his speed from cocaine. Don't you know? He uses meth rings.

The God Mobian - GM - does approve of your use of a picture that makes him look evil. May he suggest using a clip from Sonic Epilogue? Red eyes = evil, after all.

(Warning, video may make some people cry; TaniciusFox Enterprises is not responsible)

Diary of Knuckles, Day 284, 11 PC (3251 MY)

(Inspired by: http://www.archiecomics.com/blog/sonic_universe/2011/05/dark-mobius---knuckles-descent-55.html )

Spagonia is finished, its territories annexed into various states. While Echidna supremacy is all but assured, I have found what I wanted: their emeralds and their Master Shards.

Holding them in my hands, I was disappointed. There was no satisfaction.

Why not? I am the Guardian. Shouldn't I derive happiness from doing my work at keeping this island safe and the Master Emerald in one piece?

But no, I'm not. Not even a bit.

I think my old conclusion should be revisited. Countless invasions, and Sonic's words, have persuaded me the island's safety is tied to the planet's, and I should be its Guardian as much as the Island's.

With my ever-growing physical as much as geopolitical power, I think I'm ready to take on the role.

While Sonic runs around in the woods, I'll do his dirty work for him. I have two emeralds and a bit of the Master Emerald... a small start, but it'll do for now.

I'll do what I can to make this world a better place. Finitevus may have been deranged about everyone in the world being full of evil, but he was onto something with the world as a whole being filled with it. There are so many villains running rampant, and we don't stop them out of some obscure principles such as "self-determination" or "two wrongs don't make a right."

Nonsense.

Of course, if I'm gonna do this, I'll need a new title. Knuckles or even Guardian just doesn't cut it...

Hmm. Enerjak. The last time I used that name, I wasn't myself, but I did have a different vision for this world. Now that Fin is dealt with, I have no fear of manipulation...

Enerjak the Hero... Yes...

I like the sound of that.

18. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Justice guaranteed

Good grief, this thread moves fast.

19. Tani Coyote

The action is picking up. ;)

Alright! We're almost done with this turn, but before I can move onto Turn 12~

Mobian Lottery!

Link to video.

(This song reminds me of Christmas music for some reason; darn blue hipster.)

Several states, in an attempt to strengthen international cooperation and peace, have started the Mobian lottery, where governments put money towards the pot. They can put anywhere from 5-10 gold into the pot, which determines how much the prize is worth + how high their chances will be. If there are three states, two of which put 5 gold in and a second which puts 10 in, the second state's chances are 50% since it put in 50% of the prize.

The states participating are:

-Oceania (10 gold)
    -Mexico (10 gold)
    -Felidae (10 gold)
    -Mazuri (10 gold)
    -Dragon Kingdom (10 gold)

Felidae is the winner!

20. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Justice guaranteed

*The Oceanian Consul throws his financial advisor out of a third-story window*