Imperial Guardsman

Dumanios

MLG
A request by Farsight, I made an Imperial Guardsman based off the Automaton unit from Next War, though I'm sure quite a few mods could use a unit like this. The unit is called Shock Trooper in the rar file because that's what I'm using this guy for. (The Shock Trooper is a futuristic upgrade to the marine, with a +50% attack vs. Automatons, Cyborgs, and Mobile Artillery. And he still starts with Amphibious.) He even includes a button.

The American Imperial Guard invades Africa

DL here.

Note: Another look in post 9.

Thanks Dumanios! :goodjob:

However, the button is rather ugly. May I suggest Dawn of War's Imperial Guard buttion? It looks much better and is the same size as a CIV button:

Thanks Dumanios! :goodjob:

However, the button is rather ugly. May I suggest Dawn of War's Imperial Guard buttion? It looks much better and is the same size as a CIV button:

Thanks! I'll take the button. The file's been updated with the new button.

Pretty rude to say that something a guy made for you for free is ugly. Just sayin'.

Pretty rude to say that something a guy made for you for free is ugly. Just sayin'.
It was constructive criticism. I thought the button was ugly, so I suggested that he use a better one.

Regardless of whether he was rude, I may have to use this unit if I ever get around to completing my current project.

Another look at the ImperiaL Guard. (He needs a civpedia entry, though)

Edit: This shows the replaced button. The original button was in fact, quite ugly and rudimentary. Thanks to Farsight for giving me a good replacement.

Here's the pedia entry for the Imperial Guardsman for my Imperium civ:

Code:
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_IMPERIAL_GUARD_PEDIA</Tag>
		<English>The Imperial Guard is the primary fighting force of the Imperium, so numerous in size that even the Departmento Munitorum cannot place a figure on the number of Guardsmen under arms at any one time; the daily lists of new recruits and toll of casualties can run into the millions in a single day. It would be infeasible trying to put any exact number on the strength of the Guard; however, it is believed that there must be many billions of Imperial Guardsmen, divided into millions of regiments. This absolute numeracy provides the Guard with its main power; their ability to deploy in numbers that, eventually, result in victory. Attacking in seemingly endless influxes across battle-zones, charging forth under the cover of massive barrages and delivering massed lasgun volleys, in the Guard the individual Human soldier may appear a lost thing, almost forgotten. Yet the actions of these anonymous soldiers daily decide the fate of worlds.[PARAGRAPH:1]The Guard forms the very backbone of the Imperium; without it, Mankind would surely perish. Whilst Guardsmen are hardly the equals of Space Marines, fighting neither with the advantages of genetic enhancement or the most powerful personal weaponry, the Guard possesses the courage and the manpower to face and annihilate the enemies of the Emperor across the galaxy.</English>
		<French>The Imperial Guard is the primary fighting force of the Imperium, so numerous in size that even the Departmento Munitorum cannot place a figure on the number of Guardsmen under arms at any one time; the daily lists of new recruits and toll of casualties can run into the millions in a single day. It would be infeasible trying to put any exact number on the strength of the Guard; however, it is believed that there must be many billions of Imperial Guardsmen, divided into millions of regiments. This absolute numeracy provides the Guard with its main power; their ability to deploy in numbers that, eventually, result in victory. Attacking in seemingly endless influxes across battle-zones, charging forth under the cover of massive barrages and delivering massed lasgun volleys, in the Guard the individual Human soldier may appear a lost thing, almost forgotten. Yet the actions of these anonymous soldiers daily decide the fate of worlds.[PARAGRAPH:1]The Guard forms the very backbone of the Imperium; without it, Mankind would surely perish. Whilst Guardsmen are hardly the equals of Space Marines, fighting neither with the advantages of genetic enhancement or the most powerful personal weaponry, the Guard possesses the courage and the manpower to face and annihilate the enemies of the Emperor across the galaxy.</French>
		<German>The Imperial Guard is the primary fighting force of the Imperium, so numerous in size that even the Departmento Munitorum cannot place a figure on the number of Guardsmen under arms at any one time; the daily lists of new recruits and toll of casualties can run into the millions in a single day. It would be infeasible trying to put any exact number on the strength of the Guard; however, it is believed that there must be many billions of Imperial Guardsmen, divided into millions of regiments. This absolute numeracy provides the Guard with its main power; their ability to deploy in numbers that, eventually, result in victory. Attacking in seemingly endless influxes across battle-zones, charging forth under the cover of massive barrages and delivering massed lasgun volleys, in the Guard the individual Human soldier may appear a lost thing, almost forgotten. Yet the actions of these anonymous soldiers daily decide the fate of worlds.[PARAGRAPH:1]The Guard forms the very backbone of the Imperium; without it, Mankind would surely perish. Whilst Guardsmen are hardly the equals of Space Marines, fighting neither with the advantages of genetic enhancement or the most powerful personal weaponry, the Guard possesses the courage and the manpower to face and annihilate the enemies of the Emperor across the galaxy.</German>
		<Italian>The Imperial Guard is the primary fighting force of the Imperium, so numerous in size that even the Departmento Munitorum cannot place a figure on the number of Guardsmen under arms at any one time; the daily lists of new recruits and toll of casualties can run into the millions in a single day. It would be infeasible trying to put any exact number on the strength of the Guard; however, it is believed that there must be many billions of Imperial Guardsmen, divided into millions of regiments. This absolute numeracy provides the Guard with its main power; their ability to deploy in numbers that, eventually, result in victory. Attacking in seemingly endless influxes across battle-zones, charging forth under the cover of massive barrages and delivering massed lasgun volleys, in the Guard the individual Human soldier may appear a lost thing, almost forgotten. Yet the actions of these anonymous soldiers daily decide the fate of worlds.[PARAGRAPH:1]The Guard forms the very backbone of the Imperium; without it, Mankind would surely perish. Whilst Guardsmen are hardly the equals of Space Marines, fighting neither with the advantages of genetic enhancement or the most powerful personal weaponry, the Guard possesses the courage and the manpower to face and annihilate the enemies of the Emperor across the galaxy.</Italian>
		<Spanish>The Imperial Guard is the primary fighting force of the Imperium, so numerous in size that even the Departmento Munitorum cannot place a figure on the number of Guardsmen under arms at any one time; the daily lists of new recruits and toll of casualties can run into the millions in a single day. It would be infeasible trying to put any exact number on the strength of the Guard; however, it is believed that there must be many billions of Imperial Guardsmen, divided into millions of regiments. This absolute numeracy provides the Guard with its main power; their ability to deploy in numbers that, eventually, result in victory. Attacking in seemingly endless influxes across battle-zones, charging forth under the cover of massive barrages and delivering massed lasgun volleys, in the Guard the individual Human soldier may appear a lost thing, almost forgotten. Yet the actions of these anonymous soldiers daily decide the fate of worlds.[PARAGRAPH:1]The Guard forms the very backbone of the Imperium; without it, Mankind would surely perish. Whilst Guardsmen are hardly the equals of Space Marines, fighting neither with the advantages of genetic enhancement or the most powerful personal weaponry, the Guard possesses the courage and the manpower to face and annihilate the enemies of the Emperor across the galaxy.</Spanish>
	</TEXT>
	<TEXT>
		<Tag>TXT_KEY_UNIT_IMPERIAL_GUARD_STRATEGY</Tag>
		<English>This mid-Industrial Era unit (The Imperial replacement for [COLOR_UNIT_TEXT]Infantry[COLOR_REVERT]) can be built cheaply for en-mass assaults on enemy strongholds.</English>
		<French>This mid-Industrial Era unit (The Imperial replacement for [COLOR_UNIT_TEXT]Infantry[COLOR_REVERT]) can be built cheaply for en-mass assaults on enemy strongholds.</French>
		<German>This mid-Industrial Era unit (The Imperial replacement for [COLOR_UNIT_TEXT]Infantry[COLOR_REVERT]) can be built cheaply for en-mass assaults on enemy strongholds.</German>
		<Italian>This mid-Industrial Era unit (The Imperial replacement for [COLOR_UNIT_TEXT]Infantry[COLOR_REVERT]) can be built cheaply for en-mass assaults on enemy strongholds.</Italian>
		<Spanish>This mid-Industrial Era unit (The Imperial replacement for [COLOR_UNIT_TEXT]Infantry[COLOR_REVERT]) can be built cheaply for en-mass assaults on enemy strongholds.</Spanish>
	</TEXT>

Top Bottom