Imperialism 1870 PBEM

Yop, did you forget to Ctrl-N? My Philippine task force saw a bunch of your cannon lying around outside your cities. :confused:

wrong thread

* France became a Republic!!!! :)

game on, revolution in Germany in the form of the New Republic government!

Ok, now how'd you get the tech? You can't get a rev from a gifted tech, unless Yaroslav's utility is some way around it.

Germanos should we tell them?

Well it's obvious you didn't research it this quickly so it'd be a good idea. I don't know if it'd be in proper 'etiquette' to get around a scenario's intended limitation with that or any other program. ;)

i bought it from Germanos, and it allows revolution at time of purchase.

No 'work around utilities' needed indeed.

IIRC from the game's readme, the limitations on Revolting are there to prevent government switching from Rep or Dem to a more convenient Mon or Fund in times of war. That is why it was made so you can only Revolt when you aquire a new Gov' Tech. It was not installed to prevent getting a new Gov by Tech-gifting.

The fact that tech-gifting in PBEM is troublesome, is because the receiving player's AI doesn't Revolt. Another way to fix it would be to arrange an online meeting between players. That way the receiving party would also get the Revolt 'pop up' and be able to Revolt/switch.

In the few PBEM's I have played so far, online meetings happened quite often if an agreed upon Tech-swap wasn't possible through AI's. I see nothing wrong with it. I am certainly not aware of some commonly accepted 'house-rules' in this game or on this forum that disallowes on-line deals.

Anyway, Germany ackuired Republic by buying it from my AI, a feature that is fully 'in game', no Util's or on-line meetings were needed.

But Darius, why the fuzz? A few posts earlier you seemed to be quite eager for Germany to obtain the Republic. You even suggested it would start researching it. ;)

Nono online meetings are completely allowed, and you guys didn't do it anyway so it's moot. I just knew that you couldn't have a revolution when another player gifted it during his turn. I didn't consider that it is possible to have a revolt when you buy it from their AI in your own turn. Also I almost never see the AI willing to give anything, no matter what its attitude is, but I guess you just got lucky this time.

posted wrong file earlier, here's the right file

The US government is extremely pleased about the acceptance of the Republican Principles by its allies. This will greatly improve the wealth of our nations.
In fact we are so pleased that we have decided to refund the German Government for the fees payed to get the Tech across the ocean :D

US Merchants deliverd some fine crude oil to Prague and a truckload of gold to Bordeaux. The merchants in Bordeaux were so pleased by the returns their investments had made, that they immediately flipped into a spending frenzy at the local banana-bar.
[party]
In the west, merchants finally reached the shores of Japan. The captain of the ship had previously misjudged the course to take him to Japan, and therefore was not able to make it to Tokyo this month. :o
Unless the captain desides to sail around Japan instead of just letting his ship float along Japan's eastcoast, another profit-hungry trader will arrive in the port of Fukuoka next month, since he is very eager to see the newly build Japanese navy that is said to have anchored there.
The Suez canal was very impressive, the captain of the SS Aisja reported. His ship is bound southward, since the region seems to be in turmoil. He had to zig-zag through numurous Russian and British naval-vessels and -transports that were apparently involved in miltairy exersises on the Oriental shores of the Levant.
"No happy trading here", he wrote; "I wish we would have taken some shipments of Rifles and Arms aboard in Richmond, no doubt they would have brought in a hefty profit here. Sugar and Coffee may well be popular among the Arabs, they sure don't need it now. The Brits and Ruskies seem to have all they need. Where will I be able to dump this stuff now?"

Things have been heating up in Mexico as well. Two advancing bandit Cannon divisions have been annihilated by the brave US Cavalry. Unfortanately, one of the divisions was decimated in the proces. The few that have survived may yet return to Tampico and recover. The horrors of war that these men have seen have hardend their souls, and they will combat any enemy with increased vigor. They may as well tell the ranks that will replace their fallen comrades to never fight an uphill battle. :crazyeye:
The seige of Veracruz and Mazatlan has been strengthend, US Troops are well dug in now, and newly build Cannons are underway to break the resistence of the defenders, now that the US Navy is licking its wounds.
No less then five heavily damaged ships are undergoing repairs in the harbours of the captured island-cities. It is estimated that repairing them fully will take a few month at least. Their crews don't mind: Sunny beaches and good rum soften the memories of the battles fought. More ships and crews will have to undergo the same treatment and are limping home to US ports.

Meanwhile US cities continue to grow, and more and more laborors are working the fields. The state coffers can barely keep up funding the necessary improvements in these cities, and only taxing the merchants will ensure prosperity for the new immigrants.

Jerusalem Captured!

The Holy city of Jersusalem has been added to the British Empire. The city fell after being attacked by the sailors and Marines of the Meditteranean Fleet. The crews of the ships suffered severe casualties, but their ships were of course not damaged. Rinforcements are being sent from Britain to make good these losses.

Colonial Navies Approved

The Admiralty has approved the Colonial Office's proposal to allow the colonies to operate their own fleets. The colonial governments of New South Wales, South Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the Cape Colony are reported to be very close to each deploying a squadron of Ironclads manned by some of the many veteran ex-Royal Navy men who have moved to the colonies. It is indented that these ships will provide the colonies with improved coastal defence and, along with the colonies coastal fortresses, deter any foreign attackers.

Market Watch

Industries in Boston flourish as tons and tons of Polish-mined coal flood its market. Meanwhile, quality tools produced in Kiev are on sale in Bombay.

another month of anarchy reigns in Germany, but the country stays strong.
1100 off of trade this month.

Top Bottom