Imperialism exploration policy

mavol6

Chieftain
Anyone feels like this policy is redundant?, by the time you get it you already met all civs (or another civ already did) as it comes too late.

I have an idea to make it more useful. Since the required policy is about increased % great admiral and GG, then it should be related to them so here is 2 suggestions:

1. General and admiral leadership aura affects naval and ground units respectively, and they can stack with eachother, increased leadership radius by 1 hex.

So you can get 30% cs increase near coast, giving you an edge in coast domination.

2. If the above is not AI friendly, make the generals and admirals provide an % to the unit it is stationed, just like the vanilla swedish unique lancer (finnish is too hard to write).

Thoughts?

It always hurts to spend that much culture on something that, in part, gives me something I can get by trading embassies.

I think this would be a fun tenant that would mesh with imperialism fairly well, (or perhaps it could fit somewhere else as a UN proposal).

Trade Agreements
Your cargo ships cannot be plundered except by Barbarians, and you can send trade ships to countries who are at war with you. Corporate yields in satellite cities add half their value to their home city [or are somehow increased].

Yeah on paper the reveal all capitals effect sounds quite fun, but in game it comes way too late to make much of an impact. The AI wont purposefully refuse embassies (and in CivIV:DF you can trade maps), though I suppose a human could.

Cargo ships cannot be plundered sounds pretty cool. Not sure about still sending them to people you are at war with.

Anyone feels like this policy is redundant?, by the time you get it you already met all civs (or another civ already did) as it comes too late.

I have an idea to make it more useful. Since the required policy is about increased % great admiral and GG, then it should be related to them so here is 2 suggestions:

1. General and admiral leadership aura affects naval and ground units respectively, and they can stack with eachother, increased leadership radius by 1 hex.

So you can get 30% cs increase near coast, giving you an edge in coast domination.

2. If the above is not AI friendly, make the generals and admirals provide an % to the unit it is stationed, just like the vanilla swedish unique lancer (finnish is too hard to write).

Thoughts?

Don't forget the embarkation bonuses, those are huge for invasion armies.

G

I think it's the worst Imperialism policy if you aren't playing Denmark.

Free great admiral is flexible, you can use it to enhance your sea superiority or to solve some happiness issues.
Reveal all capitals ? come on, you should have done 3 times the world tour at this point.
Embark units receive + 2 mvmt ? Once I've got superiority over the ocean, I've got all the time I need.
+ 1 mvmt to GG ? cool to have but is it worth your culture ?

This policy enhances neither your combat strength nor your tactic possibilities nor your economic power. it's a conglomerate of small bonus which would be nice to have with a building or a wonder but not good enough to pay it with your culture.

Rushing Exploitation is just more efficient and you want Civilizing mission ASAP to reduce your Coal bill ;)

The embarkation bonus is amazing, but not enough to justify the culture spent for it. The policy feels weak because you rarely bother with the "reveal capitals" and the "free admiral". Instead, they could be replaced by bonuses that further extend how big your empire can be. For example:

"Trade routes gain 50% Range. +1 :c5happy: Happiness from Harbors and Caravansary. Embarked units receive +2 :c5moves: Movement and Great Generals receive +1 :c5moves: Movement."

(By the way, the original text says "Great Generals recieve")

Top Bottom