Imperialistic: no 1/2 production buildings?

Fraulzar

Chieftain
Many players feel that Imperialistic is one of the weaker traits in the game and I happen to agree with them. This trait is one of the few which fails to provide a production bonus to any building type, a conspicuously paradoxic omission given the general weakness of the trait.

Since most of the building types are already "spoken for" by other traits, only the dregs remain. Having said that, a small bonus might still be big for a weak trait that needs it most! ;)

My suggestion is 1/2 off Jails and perhaps the new customs house for Imperialistic. Both would arguably fit from a "fluff" perspective and add a dash of pizazz to a relatively ho-hum trait. A pair of small warmaking/espionage and trade based economic buffs seem entirely consistent and appropriate for Imperialistic civs in my opinion.

Thoughts? :)

Lesser Upkeep from City Maintienance from number of cities (Like in Organized, just in another area)?

I'd like to see it do something along the lines of either cheaper jails and customs houses or a bonus to espionage points/great spy points. I think decreasing the city maintance would make it too powerful though.

Lesser Upkeep from City Maintienance from number of cities (Like in Organized, just in another area)?

That is good, with low maintenance the Imperialistic civs don't need to creat colonies, keeping the cities in other continents under its control!

I would like to see Imperialistic half the mainteinance cost of overseas cities (possible colonies) added in BtS, or as other said making cheaper jails,intelligence agency and security bureau, so that this trait would be a lot more useful

Half-price buildings or an espionage boost would be a nice way to improve the trait. At the moment unfortunately it is only slightly useful.

If some of the "rumors" that were on the board earlier were correct Jails will allow two population set as spies, serving a dual purpose of enhancing both espionage and warmaking. Seems to me a perfect improvement for a lacklustre trait, one that Firaxis will hopefully consider implementing.

How about having it give less war-weariness, like 10-25%? That would make it better for sure.

IMPERIALISTIC:
+100% Great General Emergence.
+50% Faster production of Settlers.
-25% Spy mission cost.

I think that would be SWEET AS.

I'd like to see 25% cheaper spy missions. That would be alot of fun.

well one way it might get boosted is if the Settler bonus applied to both Food AND Hammers
(which might explain why Expansive was 'nerfed' it would be no nerf if the +25% was +25% Hammers AND Food)

But what does that have to do with Imperialism?

Yeah, the trait describes leaders who are particularly noted for expanding the borders of their nations, often through warfare, hence the 100% GG emergance.

I would like to see either a decreased city maintence cost, thus allowing for the founding of larger empires. (kinda like organized. u think 10% less maintnence would be overpowered? hmmm...)

Yes I could also imagine 1/2 price jails and custom houses maybe...

I think a spy businessy type bonus would fit for protective maybe, but its quite debatable as to whether that trait needs a boost.

But what does that have to do with Imperialism?

Imperialist powers need to expand their influence and at the same time protect their holdings and to do that they need to keep an extensive intelligence network to spy on their enemies and expand their influence. Look at the USA, USSR, Britain, China etc

I think the -25% Spy mission cost bonus makes perfect sense. Firaxis could you please add it to BtS? Consider it a gift to a very dedicated fan :please:

well

a decrease in "City number Maintenance" cost would be good, since that depends on your cities AND your Vassals Cities, so Imperialistic would make Vassals cheaper

Cheap Jails would give a War bonus and an espionage bonus for peace time

Cheap Customs Houses would encourage an Intercontinental Empire of Trade Partners... it depends on whether they affect Vassal trade too.. since that counts as Domestic in most circumstances.

I'm hoping for the Food+Hammers bonus, because that would mean expansive didn't get nerfed...just chop/whipping with expansive.

Large Empires throughout history have employed intelligence services to protect themselves from covert threats both internal and external. I definitely think that some sort of bonus to espionage bodes well here. Still now that I think of it, -25% to spy costs could be VERY powerful especially in the late game where missions can cost thousands of EP...

Top Bottom