Imperium Lusitanium- Portugal in Civ4

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Lord_Sidious, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious No Fun At All

Well, I'll start playing this game now. Portuguese civilization made by Civ Army.
    :)

2. Lord_Sidious

The Cradle of a Civilization

The flag of the New Empire

Emperor Dom Afonso Henriques

The now-called Portuguese people for long have been inhabitating the dry lands of the South, known as "Japan". When, around 4000 BC they emmigrated to a fertile land North of Japan, they first called it "Terra do Milho" Land of the Corn, because of it's abundance of that vegetable. But what must attracted them was the Mine of Almada, right near the perfect spot for founding a new city. It had also a great source of Pure Lusitanian Horses. Under the enlighted guidance of King Afonso Henriques they settled and founded Lisbon in the end of the River Tagus.
    Then they spread, they went north and founded Porto, to serve as a sentinel to the Russian movements. Then more three cities were added to the Empire. Guimarães near the Estrela Mountains, in the begginign of River Douro, that had a great source of gold and the famed Vila Real wineries, Coimbra, in the shores of the Lake Lagoa and Faro, down south, that made possible to avoid futher Japanese expansion north.

Between Portugal's greatest allies are its western neighbour Germany and the more distant neighbour Spain. Not a very friendly relation with Japanese Shogun Tokugawa and bad relations to the Russian Peter the Great
    This was the cradle of the Portuguese Empire-Imperium Lusitanium.

The early days of the Portuguese Empire

3. Lord_Sidious

Faith and Empire

Around 300 BC in the city of Guimar√£es, a man named Jesus Christ started to spread a new creed: Christianism that supported the values of love and tolerance. The Portuguese King Afonso Henriques immediatly took Christianity as a national faith and 300 years later it was widely spread in Russian, Japan, England and Germany.
    A new flag was adopted:

Around that time, Portuguese settlers stopped their activities, with the last city being founded in the shores of the Bejan bay, a city named Beja.
    Around 20 AD, a great work was finished: The Great Wall sorrounded a lot of Portuguese borders preventing barbarians from entering. In Lisbon great wonders like the Pyramids, the Oracle, the Temple of Artemis and the Stonhenge were built. Lisbon was the most flourishing city of that time...

4. Lord_Sidious

The Descoveries

Around the year 900 war erupted between Japan and Portugal, due to a dispute in gold mines in Osaka. The Japanese Archers were no match for Portuguese Knights, Crossbowmen and Macemen. In 1000 Osaka was captured with little resistence since it had a big portuguese population. In the next 100 years, Portuguese Knights would pillage Japanese towns and improvements, when in 1100 Shogun Tokugawa went to Lisbon to sign the peace treaty that granted 100 gold to Portugal and Osaka.

Portugal finnally affirmed itself as a superpower and the distant neighbour Arabia, led by Saladin, offered its vassalage to the Portuguese Empire. Meanwhile gunpowder was discovered in Portugal.
    In 1200 dozens of expeditions of the brand-new Carracks departed to the so called "Atlantic Ocean" and eventually found a new continent, which they called America, almost empty.
    Brave explorers risk their lives in the new continent while thousands of settlers eagerly await to depart to this New World.
    At the same time, Portuguese Carracks discover another continent, a fertile and temperate continent, which they called Africa.

Explorers in America

5. FuRRie

FuRRie King

Just wondering is this Settler difficulty or smt?

6. Lord_Sidious

No, I think I put Noble or Prince, I can't really emember. Anyway it isn't very difficult since I perchaused Civ4 recently :)

7. FuRRie

FuRRie King

Doens't look like Noble/Prince with these AI scores, that's all.

8. ice2k4

ice2k4 Emperor

Looks a little like settler, I cant remember one game where the AI hasnt built the Great Wall way before 20AD. Either way, f8 or f9 will tell you.

9. SimSimSalabim

SimSimSalabim Chieftain

This story is kickin'. Continue. BRRRRAP