Imperium Off Topicum: High Fantasy(IOTHF)

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Lighthearter, Jun 28, 2013.

1. AltarofScience

AltarofScience The Brain

Well so far it looks like the only power that Afrost need concern himself with is the Cult of the Nagasamrata. Hopefully they can coexist peacefully.

2. AltarofScience

AltarofScience The Brain

Africa and the Middle East are perhaps the most crowded areas. South America looks relatively free of competing powers, as does North America. Aussies are empty but so small it might as well be packed with more than one player. Asia will be pretty interesting depending on the policies of the Nagasamrata.

3. KaiserElectric

KaiserElectric Total Freakin Besties

Everyone is a lizard. This is going to get very ugly.

4. AltarofScience

AltarofScience The Brain

You mean that Lizard people will war alot? Wouldn't orcs be a more offensive race?

5. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

No, because Lizards are better suited for both offense and defense. Orcs are good for wrecking. Lizards plan on putting their feet up on the table once they come in.

6. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

And then there's the lizardmen-dragon nations like myself. Land combat bonus AND defense bonus. Perfect for RP in my nation, and impenetrable borders.

7. AltarofScience

AltarofScience The Brain

Anyone taking dragon is awesome IMO. Everyone should do that.

It seems as if the Fae and Evlen peoples are not very popular.

Dwarven Dragon and Human are perhaps the second tier after lizardmen.

But for me I picked my race based upon one simple reason:
    "But I'm just... A gnoooooooooome."

8. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Time for some details on my land...

Necrocracy of Regina

Claims: Sweden and Denmark in navy blue.

Grand Mistress: Efst Nokkvidr

Capital: the dark fortress/academy/crypt known as Banienda, in Oselligr (what Sweden is in this world).

Government: a meritocratic order set by supreme academic authority of the arch liches, the grand master/mistress having ultimate unquestionable authority over other necromancers. Society is dominated by the necromancers who have ultimate say on the day-to-day lives of the unliving land.

Founder: Aquilus Regina (deceased… or is she?)

Aim: to restore the legendary Undying Empire of Baase and to ensure death has its full respectful dominion in the world. May or may not include the resurrection of the long fallen Emperor Scaanoar of Baase.

Primal Races: Undead (The Fae)

Secondary Race: Troll (Dwarf)

Hero: Steward (necromancers need to purchase all their text!) The steward will be the headmaster of Banienda: the ghoulish Virda Hofud.

I will provide history and character details later on.

9. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 Thought Bubble Thinker Supporter

Claiming South and North Australia (BIG SHOCK), Mermen/Humans.

More details later.

10. Red_Spy

Red_Spy Surprised

The Vsardom of Veterisneg

Spoiler :

Leader: Dwarven Vsar of Goblins, Wilivitch Veseav

First Race: Goblins
    Second Race: Dwarves

Steward

Rest later.

11. Lighthearter

Lighthearter President of the United States

As a note. You cannot pick a race and say "Oh, these are [not the race you picked] with [race you picked]'s trait". If you pick a race, that is your race. You can RP a different group as lording over your nation if you want, but the bonus is the bonus and the race is the race.

-L

12. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

The Unenlightened

We are the Orange. We have always been the Orange - servants of the True Cross, bringers of understanding to the Fallen World. All must understand.

All must know how Unenlightened they are - for that is their salvation before the Lord Most High. We learned this from the Crusaders. They drove us from our ancestors' barbaric ways, from the land which was once our Home. They educated us - and in turn, we shall educate them all.

Hero: Leader.

Races: Goblin/Gnome

13. Dem Taqat

Dem Taqat Bladespawn

Albion

Primary Race: Elf
    Secondary Race: Fae
    Other Races: Human, Dragon

Steward: The Lady in the Lake

Center of Power: Winchester

Rough Description: Albion is a wild land, largely untamed by the organised races of the world. The forests are still home to ancient and mysterious powers, dotted only by the occasional small village or town. The largest of these is Winchester, the only place where elves and humans live together on a permanent basis. The elven population of the city is relatively small due to their semi-nomadic nature, but their presence in the forests, along with the fae, far outnumbers the human settlers. Several Dragons also live in the isles, making their lairs in isolated areas around hills and mountains.

History: Many thousands of years ago, the great war was fought. It was a war that touched every land, and for good or ill the mark was made also on Albion. When the armies of the dark lord intruded into the southern forests, they met the local creatures, and fighting raged across the land. The local creatures were devastated by the power of the dark lord, and even after the eventual victory their population never recovered, the near-eternal forest creatures being so slow to reproduce that even now the southernmost lands are still bare of their presence.

But humans have no such long memories. A mere few hundred years after the fall of the dark empire, human settlers began filtering in to the now nearly vacant lands. At first the weakened fae attempted to resist this, but their strength was still too little, and small villages and towns popped up, eventually followed by a handful of small kingdoms.

However, Humanity, ignorant of the magic in the forests, had not seen the signs of the Dark Lords destruction, and pushed into the realms where the population was still strong. Here they were met by a seeming-flood of creatures, and since humans have not attempted to move inland again, instead settling villages along the coasts.

As time went by, the kingdoms of the South rose and fell. And with that time there came an uneasy peace between humanity and their fellow inhabitants of the Isles. This is most evident in the city of Winchester, where the founders specifically negotiated the location of the city with local inhabitants. This inter-racial goodwill has allowed the city, now the capital of the rising star kingdom of Wessex, to become the most diverse and wealthy of the human settlements in Albion.

DT

14. Ravus_Sol

Ravus_Sol God-Emperor of Mankind

In a rush so I'll be brief.

The Nation of the Clouds
    (better name to come)

Primary = Gnome
    Secondary = Dragon

(Because why have Dragon's riden by one being, when you can have a platoon of Gnome per dragon.)

Short Summery: While the rest of the world went to war, the Gnomes tried to find a place to hide. They found some peaceful zen dragons and migrated to the mountain tops. There they built their new cities among the clouds.

Hero = Guardian

Claims = Purple lands in Central America

(I also rush added all the nations. But those who didn't provide maps are probably off. Sue me.)

EDIT: Nuke just did a better one. Use that. But My purple bits stay. *glares at nuke*

Attached Files:

15. Lighthearter

Nuke's map was mine.

You can only have a Leader or a Steward as your first hero.

Other than that, you're in.

-L

16. Nukeknockout

Nukeknockout Rusty Hinge

I don't get credit. LH's GM Map.

Perks to wanting precise intel on Altar's location.

17. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Forgive me but being that the traits are meant for the majority then how does one RP that the majority are of the undead, with the secondary being trolls, is forced to RP another species as dominion in place? Just asking just to ensure I can be able to fully RP my undead nation as possible.

If one requires that the majority has to be a species with a trait then a undead and troll trait is required: hence the [species with other species trait] as a means to get around the RP hurdles I would face in making my nation of the dead, as the undead were not on the species list. I picked the trolls because of Norse. All in all the bonus is the bonus but the race has not to be the race; I pick the undead as the primal race, the dwarfs as the secondary.

18. Lighthearter

It's allowable if the race you WANT is not under the listing, that I'm okay with. Plus the race you choose doesn't have to be the most populous, just the group with the most power/influence for whatever reason. I won't say I LIKE it, but I'll allow it.

What isn't acceptable is, say, claiming to actually be elves but have the dragon bonus. If you wanna be an elven-dominated nation, you have to be an elven-dominated nation.

Leaving in 1 hour, can't say if I'll be on again until Tuesday. Don't to anything crazy, avoid the flying piranhas, and worship Raptor Jesus like good internet people until I'm back.

-L

19. AltarofScience

AltarofScience The Brain

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Sonor Dwarf Human
    Arrow Dwarf Human
    Altar Dwarf Gnome
    Terran Dwarf Goblin
    RedSpy Goblin Dwarf
    NukeN Goblin Orc
    Mosher Human Dragon
    Christ Human Lizard