Imperium Offtopicum: Ab Antiquo

The Roman Republic claims Etruria, Campania and Apulia. The Republic spends III (3) gold on military quality and I (1) on culture.

Double Claims
Just some double claim options. Can't seem to find in the rules how its handled. Is it first posted that gets it? (I assume the double claims come from some using the names and others the pictures to claim so sometimes people don't realize.)

Classical Hero and NedimNapoleon have both tried to claim Susinia
1st Claimer = NedimNapoleon

ilduce and Darth Caeser are trying to clain Macedonia
1st Claimer = ilduce

-

Future Claims
Zeletdude of Denmark i am now planning to claim northwards and sieze most of eastern Europe. If you wish to lay claim to any particular province in that area or challenge this decision speak now.

There is a contradiction between your Detailed Game maps for the whole continent and Greece. Does Ionia have a fort in it or doesn't it?

Ill repost the instructions I PMd tailleskangaru on Friday:
---------------------
I think that it's a bit too late to change to Rhodes so I'll just lay claim to it along with Phrygia and Bithynia… (if Rhodes isn't allowed because it's too far then I'll take Lycia instead) and, so… I have 4 Income to expend.
  • IF I can pour my wealth into my newfound territories then I'll upgrade Phrygia and spend the rest of my money (1 Income) on an army.
  • Otherwise I'll use the money on an army, a fleet (1 Income each) and two culture points.
---------------------
btw I've changed the colour of my civ, I thought you'd read my older post…
I'd be most grateful if I got a 00e6e6/0,230,230 (HTML notation/RGB) shading instead :)

There is a contradiction between your Detailed Game maps for the whole continent and Greece. Does Ionia have a fort in it or doesn't it?

It doesn't. If there's no number below the fort icon, the province doesn't have a fort. You can build them, of course.

If the icons doesn't appear on the main game map then refer to either the Italian or (in case of Ionia) Greek maps. :)

btw I've changed the colour of my civ, I thought you'd read my older post…

I did. Same reason I didn't change the color of Omega124's civ (I forgot. :blush: ). Will fix.

Claims n orders for this turn

Claims in a darker shade of the original provance color

I also raise two Desert Fox Armies. As of now, I'll base them in my main province. Any remainder of gold shall be placed into culture.

Double Claims
Just some double claim options. Can't seem to find in the rules how its handled. Is it first posted that gets it? (I assume the double claims come from some using the names and others the pictures to claim so sometimes people don't realize.)

Classical Hero and NedimNapoleon have both tried to claim Susinia
1st Claimer = NedimNapoleon

ilduce and Darth Caeser are trying to clain Macedonia
1st Claimer = ilduce

-

Future Claims
Zeletdude of Denmark i am now planning to claim northwards and sieze most of eastern Europe. If you wish to lay claim to any particular province in that area or challenge this decision speak now.
We want Northern Germany, Netherlands, and the baltic coast.

How will we decide who gets the double claims?

Alright, this is what I'll do: I'll update the map with the double claims included but neither claimants will officially own the territory (ie, cannot get any income or otherwise do anything in that territory) until
1) one side voluntarily backs down or
2) one side moves in with their army to take it by force.

If #2 happens, the other claimant(s) can either allow it or go to war.

And unless you withdraw your claim before the Update, you do not get an extra claim to make up for it if you choose to back down.

In the name of peace The Bactrian Kingdom withdraw my claim from Susinia and lays a new claim on Parsa

Update 1

Spoiler Detailed Maps :
Detailed Game Map:

Spoiler :

Detailed Map - Italy:
Spoiler :

Detailed Map - Greece:
Spoiler :

============================================​

Signs of a great upheaval in the known world, as the emergent civilizations began expanding in all direction.

Already, there is rivalry. The Bactrians, in their march westwards, encountered resurgent Sumerians, and a row broke out over the ownership of Susiana. Tension is at boiling point, with the Sumerians threatening war.

Further west, the nascent city-state of Constantinople uneasily greeted the Athenians in Macedonia - the region both nations are claiming. The Byzantines are not taking any chances and have poured state resources into the military. The Illyrians, anxious not to get dragged into the conflict, formed an army of their own and sent a warning to the Greeks.

Stats:

Spoiler :

============================================​

Turn 2 has begun. Just a few notes before we get back into it:

A remainder that armies don't cost you income; instead you lose a little army quality every time you recruit one (note that, at the moment, the loss in army quality is probably too negligible to register if anyone do recruit an army this turn).

Baleares, Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily, Crete, Cyprus, Cyclades and Rhodes are islands. The only way to attack them would be with amphibious landings. Just so you know. I think war might break out very soon.

When war does break out, I will run the battles after I deal with all the claims and orders. This means you can build forts and recruit armies or fleets that turn and these can be sent to battle in the same turn.

I suggest people who expect to go into war soon start building armies and forts. From now on, you can build up to two forts in the same province in the same turn. The cost remains the same, so going from no forts to one to two forts in the same turn costs 1+2=3 income.

Remember that if you don't have an army or forts in your province, an enemy can just march straight in and take it without a fight. Don't let your capital fall. Seriously.

As for the contested claims, the rival parties can negotiate/duel over them.

The turn ends in 48 hours.

In the name of peace The Bactrian Kingdom withdraw my claim from Susinia and lays a new claim on Parsa

This does nothing. Sumeria claims Parsa too.

So I won't fix the map yet. Though, on that note: nations can trade provinces with each other at any time. So if you decide you want Parsa and give Susiana to Sumeria and if classical hero agrees, then that's fine.

Edit: actually, I'll change the map since technically your switch NedimNapoleon was before the update so I'll recognize it. Still, you have the same problem.

I'd like to buy forts for all three pure Byzantine provinces. I also declare war on Greece for dare standing in my way, I give one of my armies Amphibious and the other two training. I will march the army from Constantinople into the contested province and then move the other army in from the Province above Thrace. I will recruit one more army.

The bactrain nation must back down on claims for Susina and Parsa since they are territories right next to y capital and as such I cannot allow you to claim them. You have land that is much closer to you that you should be claiming, not encroaching on my rightful territory.

The Roman Republic will claim Padus, Umbria and Sicily and will construct one fort in each of our four provinces. We will also build one army in each province (each with Training), one navy in Roma, upgrade army quality to VI (6) (after downgrades), naval quality to II (2) and put the rest in culture.

I also claim Cyprus and the two provinces on the island bellow Greece.

Claims
In the name of peace the Illyrian God-Kingdom claims Boihaemum, Lusatia and Vistula.

Zelet dude expressed a desire for Germany and the coast of the Baltic Sea. This expansion claims neither.

Darth Caeser according to the rules you can't claim provinces while you are at war. Untill the war ends you can't expand.

Expenditure and Deployment
I upgrade the forts in Dacia and Illyria to level 3. Thats 2 gold for the second upgrade and 3 for the third costing 10 gold for both provinces alltogether.

I then Raise a Mountaineer Army in Illyria and a Ranger Army in Dacia for Defence. The Logistical Army moves to Noricum untill Rome makes it's new mass armies aims clear.

Diplomacy
The Greek Nations should stop now. They are only hurting themselves.

The Roman Nation should make clear what this mass army is for. With 7 armies (one in each province) That would cost... 64 gold per turn in income. Unless Rome forgot about upkeep they are obviously planning to loose some of those armies via war quite quickly.

The Roman Republic has only mobilised four armies for defensive purposes, so far. Even a nation of our majesty cannot avoid upkeep costs.

Top Bottom