OOC: Yes please. It would certainly help to move it out of the thread. Especially with Thorvald about to pop another blood vessel :scared:. I have a couple of suggestions to throw into the hat as well (a similar concept as Joe's as well as making one's own nation a temporary NPC in the event the player decides to take a break from IOT.

Ok, I'll start the thread then :goodjob:

And that's a problem that (see my edit) I would like to address in the IOT Developmental thread. We need to make bases for launching operations more important, so that stuff like Guiana attacking Tokyo doesn't happen, since it's totally unrealistic.

i actually agree with you. it looked stupid to me even.

All progress on IOT is henceforth suspended until further notice.

Joe's got the right idea with a development thread. Please go there.

'Ello chums.

The impression that I get from the developmental thread is that IOT4 has run its course. No worries; frankly, I need the time. But I always aspired that this thread would end not with a whimper, but a huge fracking bang.

So I have a proposition.

In an effort to spark enough attention that we can "end" the game, I am granting every player 8 inter-continental ballistic missiles to do with as they please. One missile, one target, variable effect. They can be traded, they can be decommissioned. Only one nuke may be bought/sold/fired per turn.

Now, here are the constraints:
Use of nukes affects national reputation. A guide:
- Use of nuke: -5 rep
- Each territory affected by nuke: -1 rep (-2 if close to home borders)
- Trading of nuke: -2 rep for seller, -3 rep for buyer
- Decommissioning of nuke: +2 rep
- Random GM-determined modifiers from diplomacy and roleplay
- Territories affected by atomics turn black and become completely impassable by land or air. They cannot be recovered.
In the aftermath of nuclear holocaust, the nation with the highest reputation wins. If your nation is destroyed, you lose.

Interested? I'll deal with the battles some time in the future and then update the map. Until then, this thread and its dependencies will remain off-limits.

See you later this week.

In an effort to spark enough attention that we can "end" the game, I am granting every player 8 inter-continental ballistic missiles to do with as they please. One missile, one target, variable effect. They can be traded, they can be decommissioned. Only one nuke may be bought/sold/fired per turn.

Guiana decommissioned 7 of those missiles.

So how do we know how many nukes one nation has to use and/or decommission?

Well this makes things itchy for me, I only control 1 territory:nuke::run::nuke: (we should have a mushroom cloud smiley)

Well this makes things itchy for me, I only control 1 territory:nuke::run::nuke: (we should have a mushroom cloud smiley)

which makes things hard for me to defend you. if an enemy nukes you your finished, and i cannot find a target that will deliver so much damage itll ruin an entire nation. even mine.

'Ello chums.

The impression that I get from the developmental thread is that IOT4 has run its course. No worries; frankly, I need the time. But I always aspired that this thread would end not with a whimper, but a huge fracking bang.

So I have a proposition.

Now, here are the constraints:
Use of nukes affects national reputation. A guide:
- Use of nuke: -5 rep
- Each territory affected by nuke: -1 rep (-2 if close to home borders)
- Trading of nuke: -2 rep for seller, -3 rep for buyer
- Decommissioning of nuke: +2 rep
- Random GM-determined modifiers from diplomacy and roleplay
- Territories affected by atomics turn black and become completely impassable by land or air. They cannot be recovered.
In the aftermath of nuclear holocaust, the nation with the highest reputation wins. If your nation is destroyed, you lose.

Interested? I'll deal with the battles some time in the future and then update the map. Until then, this thread and its dependencies will remain off-limits.

See you later this week.

YES! I'm in. I may just fire 'em all at Japan though.

I'm going to jump in in aid of Japan, and launch 2 at China; one at the Urygur homeland and one at Ulaanbatar. Invasion of Siberia to commence shortly. :scan:

Top Bottom