Imperium Offtopicum V

Hey Math, I dare you to play as something other than Byzantium if we do restart.

Seconded.

Yes, they are. Terrorism as it is understood in a modern context would be impossible in the Medieval period, same as intelligence agencies.

I agree. There is no way we can explain away that nonsense. Which is why we should start fresh.

Asoka supported free religion though so it wasn't unheard of. And, Japan may have been alone but back then nobody was persecuted either. IIRC Saladin was pretty tolerant as well.

I'm fully aware that for each tolerant leader there are bound to be five that weren't. But it did happen, therefore it shouldn't be forbidden. MAYBE have your religion based on your region and have some tradeoffs for allowing freedom, some advantages and some disadvantages that would generally make it a bad idea except in certain situations. But don't ban it, they did it IRL.

Start the game as it was.

Start fresh, no matter what.

So if we restart are we just going to try and salvage this thread? And shouldn't this discussion be in the IOT Developemental Thread?

I think it would be okay to have a few countries that are free religion, but when half the people are trying to be free religion and have global free religion alliances it grates on my nerves for a Renniacanse game. I think we have alot of potential for having the game in the past, but only if people are willing to go along with it.

So if we restart are we just going to try and salvage this thread? And shouldn't this discussion be in the IOT Developemental Thread?

I think it would be okay to have a few countries that are free religion, but when half the people are trying to be free religion and have global free religion alliances it grates on my nerves for a Renniacanse game. I think we have alot of potential for having the game in the past, but only if people are willing to go along with it.

I have no idea how to regulate how many, but I do see your point. However, I oppose ANY mega-alliances in a Renaissance game anyways.

As I suggested, have a set of benefits for you and handicaps against you for being free religion. Make it so it usually is a bad-tradeoff but can be good in specific situations.

Or we can just not care. That would be fine as well. Free religion wasn't the problem with this game, the terrorist/UN/intelligence agency nonsense, the massive alliances (Which WERE becoming effective quick) and the spamming was the problems.

I have no idea how to regulate how many, but I do see your point. However, I oppose ANY mega-alliances in a Renaissance game anyways.

As I suggested, have a set of benefits for you and handicaps against you for being free religion. Make it so it usually is a bad-tradeoff but can be good in specific situations.

Or we can just not care. That would be fine as well. Free religion wasn't the problem with this game, the terrorist/UN/intelligence agency nonsense, the massive alliances (Which WERE becoming effective quick) and the spamming was the problems.

there were no spam.

IIRC Luckmoose was spamming a bunch. However, the other two comments take precedence.

i have problems with massive alliances. cant there be an alliance limit? like you can only ally with one person and no one else? and to prevent ause, the other person woudl ahve only one alliance. examples:

Byzantium and Greece

Japan and China

Spain and France

etc.

i have problems with massive alliances. cant there be an alliance limit? like you can only ally with one person and no one else? and to prevent ause, the other person woudl ahve only one alliance. examples:

Byzantium and Greece

Japan and China

Spain and France

etc.

Better yet, you can only have one territory in the whole game. :sarcasm:

Sorry I haven't been here guys (been gone all day), I'm closing the poll at 6 P.M. central time, so any stragglers might wanna get in here.

I noticed I haven't gave an official opinion yet. Restart, in this era well aware of the history as many players have pointed out and not going ZOMG when religion #1.

Restart.

If fell apart because certain people were going crazy with the ZOMG NO WORLD WAR POSSIBLE, while others were naming their sons after their sworn enemies, making free religion, having Reformation without having an ounce of understanding, intelligence agencies, etc.

RP is good. Otherwise, it would be all the time with your own personalities which I could do in a vanilla mafia game or OT. I would much rather RP.

Top Bottom