Imperium Offtopicum V

yeah i dont think israel has had independance until 48

Israel had some very brief stints as its own sovereign nation, as far as I am aware, prior to the British making it a sovereign and pulling out provincial/colonial/occupational (depending on your inclination) forces in 1948 with the rest of the de-colonialization following the fallout of the Second World War.

That was another of our inspired imperialistic ideas. Britain was really good at those in the 19th and 20th Centuries.

That was another of our inspired imperialistic ideas. Britain was really good at those in the 19th and 20th Centuries.

Wasn't it given to Britain by the Ottomans as part of a very late attempt to rebuild infrastructure in the Ottoman Empire following the First World War? (Iraq too?)

I do recall some of our fine British imperialism at work in the interbellum period, yes. After all, the British Empire didn't have the most populous empire known to man in 1923 for no reason :)

If Classical, I´ll be The Amazonians ;) (anyone who´s discovered the hidden joke gets a prize. Clue: It´s from a brilliant Strategy game).

EDIT: The fact that I´m Brazilian is a complete coincedense! :p
I'm already an Amazon.

If Classical, I´ll be The Amazonians ;) (anyone who´s discovered the hidden joke gets a prize. Clue: It´s from a brilliant Strategy game).

EDIT: The fact that I´m Brazilian is a complete coincedense! :p

That´s not it, I already said a clue.

that´s why it´s called a HIDDEN joke, civplayah.

Nobody gets it? :(

well, its not a futurama joke.

could be dungeons and dragons.

He's referring to the state of Amazonas in his homeland of Brazil.

In Rome: Total War, there are some fairly decent rebels in North-Western Russia with a unique flag, who are only accessable through a tiny pass through a massive forest. They are called Amazons, and I was referring to them!

Top Bottom