1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Imperium OffTopicum XVI: Subforumal Oversaturation

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Double A, Jul 9, 2014.

1. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

Capital moved to Luoyang

- Emperor Dongfang Bubai

With the entirety of China under his control, and with Yan armies soon to complete the conquest of Mongolia, the Emperor Yang Mulao has moved the capital of the Yan Empire from Urumqi in Xinjiang to Luoyang in the Central Plains of China, one of the Four Great Classical Capitals of China (Beijing, Nanjing and Chang'an being the other three). He has also abandoned the use of his personal name and surname and, following the Chinese tradition, he has taken a dynastic name. His new dynastic name is Emperor Dongfang Bubai, which means Emperor Undefeated Orient. The Emperor has also employed even more Chinese and Confucian scholars, in order to please the Han Chinese as they Yan Dynasty is not Chinese, but originates from Xinjiang.

- Prime Minister Yang Kang

- Huang Yaoshi

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Yang Kang, accompanied by Huang Yaoshi, shall undertake personally the campaign against the Mongols. An army of tens of thousands of soldiers is massing at Yan Mongolia and is ready to invade and crush the few remaining Mongol tribes, which are divided and fight each other. It is expected that the campaign will end really fast with a decisive Yan victory, so the Prime Minister can then campaign against Taiwan and unify all of China. Huang Yaoshi has also assassinated quite a few Mongol Chiefs with his Kung Fu skills. This will surely help the Yan armies gain victory even quicker.

2. TheGryphonPrince

TheGryphonPrince King

Paradox continues to expand deeper into Russia. They build 32 armies and 8 navies while they are at it.

3. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

Orders lock at the usual 9pm est tomorrow. Also if anyone still wants to join, they can either take an NPC'd nation or start with the average of all stats (possibly curved). Only OTTONIA was automated this turn.

4. GreekAnalyzer

GreekAnalyzer Back from the Dead

40 Armies
    Expansion into these provinces:
    Spoiler :

5. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Kaptain Wazstuf Dufffug: Wut yur doing dere scruffy? Landing into da sea to enjoy yourself or what in zog your doing here? Ain't you meant to be in the sky looking out for humie ships that need looting on der way?

Rotslag Waauz: Flaming Mork! Can't I take a break?

Kaptain Wazstuf Dufffug: ...take a... hay flyboy? Would you like to take a break in the bottom of these waters?

Rotslag Waauz: Hay! I was hand-picked by the Warboss to fly this airplane!

Kaptain Wazstuf Dufffug: ...and I was handpicked to tell you to get off your arse and get it back in that aircraft! We needs to know if there is any loot on da way to... what did the boss call it?

Rotslag Waauz: 'Merica? He said he wanted some jungles for squiggoths.

Kaptain Wazstuff Dufffug: Ahoy!

Rotslag Waauz: Say Kaptain?

Kaptain Wazstuff Dufffug: Yes Mr Waauz?

Rotslag Waauz: How far till da destination?

Kaptain Wazstuff Dufffug: Dat is meant for you to find...

Wortarg Ugbad: Kaptain! I sees some humie freebooter ship across here!

Kaptain Wazstuff Dufffug: What?

Wortarg Ugbad: They got dat black flag with dat humie skull! Dis seems to see us!

Kaptain Wazstuff Dufffug: By Gork! Meh first mate has better scouting experience then you, Wazstuff! Now get back into dat plane and go bomb that humie ship so we can loot it!

Rotslag Waauz: Bombing? Dat sound fun. I just need to pick up by ducky...

Kaptain Wazstuff Dufffug: ...and don't sink it this time! I had it to zog with the two other boats you had the ocean loot!

Rotslag Waauz: OK Kaptain!

Kaptain Wazstuff Dufffug: These humie freebooters we come across... this the third one we come across. Of course ork freebooters are dat best! Once we looted we can get Badlug his boys to... 'Erica was it? Well zog it! Once I done I am going humie boat hunting!

Rotslag Waauz: Engines ready! Lets boom some humies! WAAAGH!

Kaptain Wazstuff Dufffug: Now your being cunning Waauz! Now lets smash some sea dogs, boyz! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

All other crew members: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

6. eduhum

eduhum Aahh the gold old days...

Spoiler :

SOUTHERN EMPIRE.

Away from the contested north, some seafaring peoples unite against the cruel, post-apocaliptic world.
    As OP requested, 46 provinces. Capital in Cape Town.

EDIT: Whoops, it was 42. I cut away the east african most northern provinces then.

7. Double A

You actually claimed 47, so I'll just cut five African provs out.

8. eduhum

eduhum Aahh the gold old days...

kk.
    Sometimes a miss a 'like' button in this forum. It hasn't to be fb like, just like reddit for example.

9. Reus

Reus Polar Bear

Build the Maximum amount of Armies (50)
    Expand into the following provinces

10. Double A

Orders lock in 9.5 hours.

11. Double A

Orders are locked and stuff.

12. Double A

Update 21 - crap I can't reference the last update because I didn't write anything funny​

Lots of people are starting to realize that there are way too many other folks walking around. Estimates five years ago said there were only 100 million people left alive. Now there are nearly four times as many. It's almost like the population has experienced a roughly 30% annual growth rate, which is as improbable as it is insane. What's more confusing is that only the regular ~1/3 of the population is comprised of children. "Experts" attribute this to aliens, whereas governments simply claim it is simply due to swamp gas trapped in weather balloons.

Map and Stats have returned to their previous non-crap format. I actually had to redo the turn 19 map because I couldn't find the newest one or download it from gdocs. Sorry about all that. Probably should've just used photobucket.

Kinkatz was two claims over and Math tried making too many ships again. Christos, you overclaimed by one, but since you had extra armies and weren't being attacked, I took the liberty of using an additional one to claim. I can, of course, refund you if you'd like.

WIM and eduhum didn't send in orders, and Sone hasn't sent orders in for the past two turns. All three were automated. If you miss three consecutive turns, I'm just going to assume you've quit. I have no idea how to handle that. I still don't know how to handle Cived dropping. I really just like painting the map.

Orders lock sometime Friday night EST. I'm gonna be in the mountains from Friday til Monday and I don't actually know when I'll have 15-60 minutes free to dick around with all this. Will probably not be so diligent with NPCs.

13. Mathalamus

Mathalamus Emperor of Mathalia

i hope i didnt just gimp myself by remaining small compared to others.

Create all armies.

14. Double A

You pretty much did, yeah.

15. Mathalamus

*sigh* it wouldn't be the Roman Empire if i expanded too much. it would just be a Roman federation or something. fine, ill just claim wherever.

Brazil joins the Roman Empire

an ambassador to the apparently intact country of Brazil requests that they join the Roman Empire. the Emperor is very surprised, and graciously allows them to join, with local laws, customs, and the like, fully intact.

(note: without borders to guide me, i have no idea what Brazil's actual border is. so AA has the right to modify as he sees fit.)

16. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Good job, boyz! We has land across the seas! Dem Freebooterz I recruited proved useful!

Now then: I has 44 armies of boyz and four fleets. Four sea forms of WAAAGH! and 40 other kinds of WAAAGH!

44 Claims.png

We are strong! We should recruit 70 more boyz and 3 more fleets!

We are da orkz! We are da strongest! Humies are da weak! Ork cannot be beat!

Oy! You humie! You need a ship deployment before claiming overseas, don't yar?! One boat cannot carry more than one force! You can do multiple claims once ya smashed the one province, then you can call the rest the next time!

OOC: otherwise I am going to have to do some new kinds of orders next turn. I am keeping my map for now though; good for development.

17. Mathalamus

i like to pretend that the Brazil just joined the Empire, thus, no navies ever moved from Constantinople.

but if AA says otherwise, then ill claim one province this turn, and annex the rest later. just stay out of Brazil, alright? you can have whatever else.

18. Double A

You have six navies.

19. Mathalamus

so even if i made a foothold, i still need six navies, even though i can just recruit more armies in Brazil and blitz from there?

20. Double A

It's a logistical issue or something. I just did it so naval superiority would actually mean something.