1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Imperium Offtopicum XXI Prequel: Destruction of a World

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by NinjaCow64, Jun 13, 2017.

1. NinjaCow64

NinjaCow64 The Continuation of the Dream Supporter

2. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Duulo Dekza

Flag of the Duulo Dekza
    Flag designed by Aile Dhoo using a part of the Ouroboros symbol used in Fullmetal Alchemist by Hiromu Arakawa. The colours in the flag were set by Omega, whom I thank greatly.

The Duulo Dekza or Free Legion is the prime slave rebellion in Australia, set by Jennu Jimosa thralls tired of enduring hindrance under the Controllers, the lingering memories of freedom and the spread of the Kel faith which strives opposition to the practice of zaamus. Taking the arms they used to subjected Australia on the Controllers’ behalf the Duulo Dekza now use the non-lethal tactics developed to capture slaves to now emancipate both themselves and others chained by the Controllers, in an insurgency of liberation and redemption. Joining the Jennu Jimosa or Tilsin rebels are other species that were enslaved by the Controllers to serve as their instruments of oppression, including recently chained humans who have now been released to stand against the aariik.

The Legion had its origins, in certain regards, in infiltration of the Controller’s forces by sonaak orders whom strive to liberate the zaams and to end the reign of the Controllers, most notably the mystical Thaarnuth se Bex Monah whom converted and recruited Bin ka Aak’abtal & Diiv Krein as their agents against the invasion force sent forth to Earth. The whispers of dissent came universal from the creeds of the Kel into questions of freedom and honor. When the invasion began Diiv Krein moved to create a hidden temple within Darwin, a simple humble den made into a hill in territory the Controllers had not eyed, while Bin ka Aak’abtal embraced his hermit roots in sneaking among the occupied dwellings of Australia, spreading the word of dissent covertly. It is said that among the Tilsin warriors that were told of the truths to freedom where the ulsaruk (warlord) Brukogru Darastrix who was converted by Diiv Krein and took his forces to heed her verses. It is also noted that Dhenez Fothisev, a prized warrior among the Tilsin, was awakened by both the Kel teachings of Diiv Krein and the old polytheist teachings of Gok Ivah. Eventually when the Australian resistance came to its knees the chains came to be more naked in how they hold the thralls and so the cries to rebel came as it came clear the great galactic war would hinder the efforts of the invasion force.

The rebellion is organized between military and civil leaders, with the holders of culture (from the covert libarians of the xeno traditions and scientists holding knowledge to the sonaaks of the Kel faith) process a high respect among the rebels. The insurgency is a mix of a growing army in Darwin to guerilla cells preparing militia forces and organizing covert operations within the occupier lands.

The face of the Duulo Dekza is the Aujir Geoun warrior and Kel proselyte Dhenez Fothisev, who was a champion representative of her native Fitritokan Empire. Though she adopts the faith of the Kel she does so while maintaining the gods that Gok Ivah commune with, as per the flexibility of the Kel to the idea of godhood. Dhenez Fothisev’s qualifies as a warrior and orator made her a canidate to serve as a spokesperson for the revolution, the face of the Duulo Dekza.

The Duulo Dekza’s prime objectives are the liberation of the slaves from the chains of the Controllers and to construct a new home for the slaves that have through the invasion are on exodus from their home-worlds, including the Jennu Jimosa of Jennu Hrrac. The Thaarnuth agents have also seen the objective of spreading the teachings of Kel on Terra, as well as to encourage thrall revolts among all slaves and destroy the Controller’s domain on Earth.

The fruit of the revolt will be yet to be witnessed, particularly in Australia as should the rebellion succeed the dream realm the rebels strive to create will have to find its relation to the humans that will be overwhelmed in an alien crossfire.

Will alien and human find a peace from this rebellion?

NinjaCow64 likes this.
  3. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

Does this yet live?

4. Thorvald of Lym

Thorvald of Lym A Little Sketchy

Aye, NC's just having writer's block fancifying the update brief.

spaceman98 likes this.
  5. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

Alright, no problem, take your time. Happy to hear it's still alive!

6. NinjaCow64

Sorry guys, this isn't the update. It is coming soon, I've just been low on energy recently because of a couple of bad sleeps. Hopefully I will be feeling better soon. I've made huge progress regardless, I have done all of the Americas and almost all of Europe.

In other unrelated news, Sonereal and I are hosting a new game called Stars Without End. Its a really exciting science fiction type game that has a really unique setting and some very unique mechanics, so I highly encourage everyone to think about joinin if they haven't already.

Omega124 likes this.
  7. NinjaCow64

Attention Duellists!

I've been having real trouble with this update and while I'm confident that I'm going to be able to get it out eventually, I don't think I can keep a reliable update schedule, which is pretty bad for a game that was meant to update weekly. No, this isn't because of the game I am co-GMing with Sonereal. That hasn't been anywhere near as big a time sink as IOT XXI so far. The reason why update progress has stalled is because 1) my life has kind of gone off the rails behind the scenes 2) university is really hard 3) the updates take a lot more effort than I initially planned.

Anyway, I figured that I'd leave it up to you guys. Should I continue this game, with the understanding that the update cycle will be horrifically slow and inconsistent? Or should I put the poor boy down?

8. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

I of course support number 1, given the framing of the question. I'd prefer having, on my end, a low-intensity IOT I can use to exercise the weird concepts in my mind. I have fun with this game, and a slow update won't detract from said fun.

However, what I really want from you is option 3: take as much time as you need to deal with your life and school, and only dare approach the game when you feel willing and comfortable to continue. I do not want you killing yourself over a forum game. We're not worth the added stress when you have more important things to deal with. There's no rush; take as much time as you need.

We love you Ninja :love:

Thorvald of Lym and spaceman98 like this.
  9. NinjaCow64

Thanks. :love:

To be clear, option one in many ways is option three. I'm only going to work on this if I feel like it.

Terran Empress and Omega124 like this.
  10. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

I would love to continue the tales of the lizards....

But its ups to you mate and we will support you on whatever path you take.

11. Sniiperman456

Sniiperman456 Warlord

I would like for this game to continue, but you do what you think is best.

12. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

I agree with Megan <3

13. NinjaCow64

After giving this a lot of thought, I think I have to discontinue this game. I'm really sorry to everyone who has put effort into it, I know that this is disappointing to hear but this game really isn't viable. I really overestimated how much time I have in general and how long it takes to update the game. Also my life is kind of a trainwreck at the moment. Also I'm doing a lot of rolls that doesn't effect the players directly which I feel like is pretty lame. I am not going to give up on GMing, I am planning to release a new game which is actually possible to update in a reasonable timeframe within the constraints of my life. Not sure when that game will be ready. Again I want to apologise for the way that this ended and thank everyone for participating in this game.

14. poketwo

poketwo Warlord

Aw...... I didn't get to pull my FC TWIST!

15. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Though I am saddened I will not be able to make forth my nation I will state I enjoyed what I have had in this world creation game and that I am honoured to be a player in one of Ninja Cow's works.

Your games are of awe and I look forward to the next!