Impersonate Leader: Messed Up My Plan

Merkava120

Oberleutnant
I was just playing the second scenario for FFH2 (the one where perpentach has everyone declare war whenever he wants) and I used Gibbon to "impersonate leader" on the infernals (and really rekt their civilization).
I was planning on using my giant stack of pirates and Nightwatches to take out all his units once I'd spread them out and pillaged all his tiles -

but whoever I left controlling my kingdom decided to "declare nationality" with everything but the pirates!!!!

12+ nightwatches turned into just normal nightwatches that can't attack anyone...

ARRRRRgh. I'm going to find that governor, whoever he was, and rip his lungs out. With a nightwatch. Who still has his nationality hidden.

LOL the AI also spread my big stack of units across all my cities and converted my religion to Fellowship of Leaves (from Council of SuperSickEsus). And changed all my civics. And did "declare nationality" on my boss The Black Wind unit.

That'll teach me to leave someone else in charge. My goodness.

ouch !
I didn't know that could happen
That's even more surprising as Impersonate leader is Gibbon's ability... which is CoE... so CoE should at least be kept.

which modmod did you use?
(you could send it as a "bug" to the corresponding modmod)

ouch !
I didn't know that could happen
That's even more surprising as Impersonate leader is Gibbon's ability... which is CoE... so CoE should at least be kept.

which modmod did you use?
(you could send it as a "bug" to the corresponding modmod)

No modmod, just pure FFH2. It turned out okay, infernals' units all got disbanded because I ran their economy into the ground, then Perpentach immediately had everyone declare war on them and I wiped them out.

But yeah, maybe that is a bug?

Someone was talking about doing hotseat-style turns for a bit with Impersonate Leader, once, I think that would work a bit better tbh.

I'm asking the question because "pure FFH2" doesn't really exist anymore. Usually people at least play through MnAi..

I wouldn't say it's a "bug", but maybe unintended effect of a feature...

Hm, yeah idk. I'm playing whatever FFH2 is the first one people get. I think I got it straight from GameFront or wherever, not through the database here.

I think it is an unintended effect, yeah. Now that I know what will happen I can prepare for it though. Much easier to just force an enemy to disband all their units rather than plan a coordinated strike.

Does the AI ever use Nightwatches with hidden nationality? That might be the root of the problem honestly.

Top Bottom