Import civ 5 leaders and their animations?

Palavos

Chieftain
Would it be possible to do so? New leaders are very "cartoony" .. would it be possible to import the leaders with their animation and their voices into civ 6?

PS. I am not a modder, I have no idea how to mod, I am just asking the modding community :)

Thanks

You mean replace the Civ6 leaders with Civ5 leaders? Their agendas and leader abilities would have to be change to suit the old leaders, as nearly all of them are different except for Gandhi. Who would replace Mvemba a Nzinga, and Gilgamesh?

I think he means strictly art-wise. I'm not sure if any of the Civ 5 leaders are even in Civ 6 off the top of my head, but from a purely technical standpoint, can you essentially just take the models and animations and sound files from Civ 5 and put them into Civ 6, or how hard would it be to do so? I believe that's what he's asking.

I think the answer to this is question is probably yes but I haven't done any testing yet. The thing that makes it possible is that the skeleton/animation format is the same between both games which makes it quite easy to update Civ 5 3D Art to work in Civ 6. See this unit example. Exactly the same approach should work for Leaders too - the only question is how well the various textures layers translate to Civ 6 and how much other work would be required in making them look decent.

I think the answer to this is question is probably yes but I haven't done any testing yet. The thing that makes it possible is that the skeleton/animation format is the same between both games which makes it quite easy to update Civ 5 3D Art to work in Civ 6. See this unit example. Exactly the same approach should work for Leaders too - the only question is how well the various textures layers translate to Civ 6 and how much other work would be required in making them look decent.

I wish you can make it one day :) Civ 5 leaders artwork are much better than civ 6! Personally would love to have Buddica in a celts civilization, or King Alexander for Greeks :)

I wish you can make it one day :) Civ 5 leaders artwork are much better than civ 6! Personally would love to have Buddica in a celts civilization, or King Alexander for Greeks :)
Well you're in luck! The upcoming DLC will have Alexander the Great (of Macedon) and Rob R8XFT just released Boudicca (of the Iceni).

I'm not sure if any of the Civ 5 leaders are even in Civ 6 off the top of my head

How could you forget about Gandhi? Also, Montezuma I leads the Aztecs in both games (personally I think he looked much better in Civ V) and Pedro II leads Brazil in both Civ V BNW and Civ VI.

Well you're in luck! The upcoming DLC will have Alexander the Great (of Macedon) and Rob R8XFT just released Boudicca (of the Iceni).

I want the Civ V Boudicca with animated and voiced :) I don't like just a picture of a leader hehe (no to be ungreatful for modders, I just wanna voiced and animated leaders..)

Top Bottom