Important bug (since we're near a patch)

onedreamer

Dragon
When a city is holy city for more than one religion, it almost always happens that it "loses" the holic trait for the second religion. This happens in particular with Delhi and Jerusalem because they are likely (the first VERY likely) to have 2 religions. It may happen also with a Chinese city having Confucianism and Taoism.
I'm not sure what causes the problem, but I don't remember ever seeing it in Vanilla Civ4 or in RFC (but I haven't played RFC since the first release of RAND). Initially I thought it happened when one holy shrine was built, but now I'm not sure anymore... anyways, I'm sure that it does happen, after a certain number of turns or after a certain event.

In a recent game I had a double holy city as China and had a choice to build each shrine (I chose Taoist). I don't know about losing the holiness for Confucianism after building the shrine, so I can't confirm or deny this bug. It does sound odd though. As India I had Dilli as a holy city for 4 religions. Did you experience the bug for the AI only?

no, it happened for myself once in Dilli. But I seem to recall that I had conquered it as Persia. I didn't say that it's sure that building a Shrine is the problem (actually I doubt it is), but I am sure that holy cities lose one of the holic attributes often.

I thought more people noticed. Since this isn't the case, I'll try to provide saves.

I mentioned building a shrine, because "holiness" of a city is a prerequisite for that. I wouldn't know it any other way, unless you're missing the religion-with-star symbol. Did you raze any Indian cities as Persia? Maybe you razed a holy one.

Top Bottom