IMPORTANT: Forum Security Breach & Uploads/Downloads

We shall overcome!

Most of my DYOS comics are deleted, not to mention a lot of other stuff. :(

We have to take this as a lesson and make the most out of it.
Youre not the only one who's DYOSes are deleted. Then again my DYOS comics that would be deleted were pre-Imageshack uploaded images.

;)

I hope this does NOT effect the files that were in the easy upload system since I know there are still files in them, especialy the modders that dont come here anymore :scared:.

Yes, The Files that were in the Easy Upload System are no longer available.

I am sure it will take some time to restore some of the older files that were placed in the Easy Upload System by former members but those who have downloaded them can supply the files so ultimately, the absent files will be able to be restored. Just a matter of members pointing out what is missing and asking if anyone has the older files. I believe Great Progress is being made here by everyone... in fact, it is Quite Amazing how fast many files have already been restored.
... Just a Matter of "Regrouping" after most have managed to Re-Upload their missing files. Then I am quite sure that any missing files will be brought to the attention of our members and anyone who has them can supply them then.

I have a Strong feeling that this "Shake UP" for the Site will bring about Far Better Changes and Improvements for us all. Keep up the Good Work! :goodjob:

This is sad. Just sad.

Lots of work ruined, lost forever, just because we got hacked. :cringe:

@tailless and CG: At least it's only DYOS 9 and 10 that were affected. The 8th has no comics after July 23 (With the exception of one of Kulade's) that were uploaded via Easy Upload Server.

So that's why I couldn't see the images for my uploads... Should re-upload the file and the images so soon as I can. But I have only 8 files, so hard it'll be for them with many more uploads than me to re-upload...

Why do people hack internetpages, how can it be fun to destroy for other people? I don't understand...

Gurra09

Jerks like this one seem to hack anything available. Another site I use for Axis and Allies gaming suffered a major hack that caused a ton of work including a complete overhaul of several parts of the website.

Perhaps it would be a good idea, to post and pin - for while at least - a announcement and pointer for modders to reupload the files in "creation & customization", or some other traffic heavy part of the forum - because i think there are a lot of people / modders / creaters who do not know what happened, and that they have to reupload they files...

I myself found out by accident - trying to upload a savegame for a SG...

I guess many modders - i.e. people who still post from time to time, but do not actively mod right now - might fail to notice untill they try to upload something new...

Noooooooooo! You evil person! How could you? I hope this will bring us together in this time of crisis.

Worse now the easy upload feature dosn't work. Hope its just down for maintence. How can I upload in the meantime. Is their a hard upload I can do?

Everything AFTER July 23, 2007 was deleted, not everything BEFORE.

So, it doesn't have a 7 month old back-up, it has a back up for everything else.
:hmm: A 7 month old backup is exactly what they had. They had a backup that was made 7 months ago. 7 months old. Not a 7 month backup, a 7 month old backup.

EDIT: T.A JONES: Well besides attachments:

Other files: http://www.usaupload.net/

@ggganz: I understand now...

Might be more likely than you think... I have some friends in US Navy network security, from whom I may be able to call in a few favors..........

You think 5 grand is enough for this atrocity?

Top Bottom