Important: loyalty!

Insomniac

Chieftain
I always missed the concept of loyalty in the game: if you U have fought a long and costly war side by side with a another civ that civ should stay gracious or friendly towards U for a longer period, and forgive U for one or two "unfortunate" dealings with a third nation. As it is your "friends" in the game will quickly turn against U for some pretty ridiculess reason. In addition cultural similarity could be reason for stronger/longer lasting "pacts", e.g. like the traditional strong bond between the U.S. and Britain. And political alike systems should have a similar effect, e.g. facist Italy and Nazi Germany...in Mussolini's words: "when facism has a friend it will walk with that friend right to the end"...which it/he did ;)

Thanx

Well, there is already a preferred/shunned government attitude.

I like idea, but it shouldn't be too long, unless you fight with an AI in many different wars (so it would be somewhat cumulative). Just fighting with someone for one war may not necessarily end in frendship (look at the USSR and the US after WWII), but after a few wars, strong bonds usually develop.

I like your suggestion of a cumulative effect in the context of creating strong bonds/loyalty through allied war efforts in the game.

Well, there is already a preferred/shunned government attitude.
..doesn't the "preferred/shunned government attitude" mostly relate to which goverments the AI controlled civs will chose for themselves rather than their attitude towards other civs' govermenst?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. I hate it when my long term ally is bought off for a pittance by our mutualk enemy.

I also agree. An ally that has helped you through the whole game and is suddenly brought off by an enemy you only a few turns before where both against. When you help an ally they should be grateful by helping you or not turning against you.

Top Bottom