1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

IMPORTANT: Support page & New Fix for Radeon Cards

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Vael, Oct 27, 2005.

1. antwigan

antwigan Chieftain

Right. Try this. I registered just to post this. No probs though.

2. antwigan

antwigan Chieftain

3. Heav

Heav Warlord

I patched my Civ 4 to version 1.09 and now I haven't got any problem with graphic(I had black terrain....) :goodjob:

4. erpcon

erpcon Chieftain

I patched my Civ $ to version 1.09. The "black" terrain is gone and I can now see the land, but there are still a few problems.

I can not see cows, deer, beavers, etc. I see a "shadow" mark on the ground.

The wonder movies worked almost 100% before the patch. Now they skip and are jerky. The movie plays for a second, pauses for about a second, and then leaps to where it should be. Very jerky action and not as smooth as it was. This also happens on the opening movie.

I was able to "see" unexplored territory in the upper right cornor of my screen. When I moved over the land, it went black like uncharted land should display.

5. bio_hazard

bio_hazard Prince

@threat
    Don't know- sorry. I'm pretty clueless about pc's. I would guess they are diffferent, but not sure if they are different in ways important to running Civ4.

FYI (and anyone else who cares)- i installed the 1.09 patch.

Now I get pop-up message warning me about being below specs when I get to the menu.

Game is still only marginally playable, but there was some improvement. I now see real leaderheads and coins and hammers (not just bread) on the resource overlay. game actually seems a smidge faster at the beginning, although still prety laggy.

Still have black terrain problem. Still crashes spontaneously about 30-60 minutes into the game, and still has stuttering intro movies.

Again, my computer = Compaq Presario 2195US, 1.8ghz AMD 2500+. 512ram, Radeon 320M processor. I think drivers are current, although I didn't do omega drivers.

6. HexaDecimal

HexaDecimal Chieftain

Alright...listen to this one.
    I had previously installed and played the game without incident. I recently had some problems with spyware, so I formatted my hard drive, reinstalled Windows, and then Civ 4 (which is something I have done before without any problems). However, now when I run Civ 4 it gets to "Init Engine" and freezes. No error messages or anything, just sits there. I have the latest drivers for my video card, and I installed the 1.52 patch.

Windows ME
    ATI Radeon 9250 (256 MB)

7. ck1

ck1 Chieftain

Hi Experts / Tech Support there, after reading all these posts here and applied all the suggestsion, I still face the same "Initialize Renderer Fail" error, plus the strange XML Load error that seems no reported by people here.

My case is:
    - HIS Radeon 9550SE display card.
    - Windows 2003 SP1 OS
    - I'm using the latest ATI driver: Catalyst 6.3 Windows 2000 Driver.
    - I have upgraded the Civilization IV patch 1.52.
    - I have installed the Microsoft xml parser (MSXML) 3.0 SP5.
    - I have updated the ini file to turn off movie, turnoff full-screen.
    - Since I CANNOT find any Arts.fpk om any of Civ 4 folder?? I have instead unpacked the Assets0~3.fpk under the \Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets folder (by following one of the suggestion here in this forum).

But I still face the following 2 errors: XML Load errors and DirectX errors.
    - the first saying failed to load XML file XML\text\civ4gametext_misc1.xml
    - the second is the typical DirectX error of Initialize Renderer failed.

(The screen dump of these errors are in the following thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=3904102)

Could anyone please help? Thanks!!

8. meisterbrau

meisterbrau Chieftain

Hi everybody,

I played the vanilla-version and the first couple of games in Warlord without any problems. The first thing that went wrong, were the leaderheads which did not appear properly from time to time. Then the game froze from time to time, when I had loaded a safe-game. Now It freezes regularly at some points in the game, until around 500ad it freezes every time I reach that certain point. After freezing and crashing to desktop it tells me my graphic card (Radeon 9700 ViVo/ Driver: ATI2DVAG) does not work properly. Anybody any ideas how to fix that problem? Or at least why it appeared out of nowhere?

Thanks in advance

9. narvego

narvego Chieftain

Hello,

I have this problem with Radeon 9250:

The graphic-card driver (rad_w2kxp_omega_38291) I think is correct. What can I do?

10. kossin

kossin Deity

Holy thread necro Batman!

Try the technical support subforum.

Maybe this post will help

11. narvego

narvego Chieftain

Holy thread necro Batman!

:o sorry, I found it from google. I do not saw the date of last post :)

Anyway - I have get the solve. Another driver help me (6-5_xp-2k_dd_32464).