[R&F] Impossible to trade a city just conquered

OxydoReduction

Chieftain
So I was playing Korea, I was allied with Georgia and at war with America.
I conquered the American city Cincinnati, which was along the border between Georgia and America. Knowing that I couldn't keep the city because of my lack of loyalty, I wanted to trade the city with Georgia.
I checked the trade panel with Georgia but the city wasn't showing. I thought it was because Roosevelet didn't cede the city to me. So I made peace with Roosevelet and I made sur he ceded me the city.
But when trying to trade it with Georgia, the city still wasn't showing. I tried to trade it with America... and it showed! I'm puzzled.
Is that a bug? Do we have to wait for some turns after conquering a city before we can trade it with another civ?
Thanks for your answers.

(Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my native language.)

Iirc, you need to wait so many turns so that you wholely own it... no good if it's only partly owned. Check the % ownership is 100% first, before you begin to trade.

Iirc, you need to wait so many turns so that you wholely own it... no good if it's only partly owned. Check the % ownership is 100% first, before you begin to trade.
You mean Loyalty? As in, you need 100% Loyalty before being able to trade it? Are you sure?

I only used the "fix AI" mod for the yields so there is no link there I think.
I never owned the city 100%, my loyalty was at 50 at first and I only lost loyalty because of the pressure of the cities nearby. Maybe it was because of that.
It's weird though that I could trade it with Roosevelt. Maybe because he was the original owner of the city? Anyway they should write it somewhere that it's impossible to give a city that's not at 100 Loyalty.

If you do not own them but just occupy them you cannot trade them

I can trade cities I took from another civ in the game I am playing.

Doesn't the city have to be officially ceded before you can trade it? That's my guess.

Doesn't the city have to be officially ceded before you can trade it? That's my guess.

The OP said he did that. I think that might actually be the cause of the problem though; there's a lot of wacky stuff going on with how ceding works, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a (perhaps unintended) part of that.

Ahhh, I didn't see that part. I can only guess he thought it was ceded when it was not. Or there is a certain amount of turns you have to wait, or wait for war weariness to be removed from the city. Or just a bug.

? Do we have to wait for some turns after conquering a city before we can trade it with another civ?
Not tested but I have seen this myself and it makes perfect sense they put this in. Otherwise 1 turn before loosing you sell it to another player and then a few turns later it flips to neutral amd you sell it to that player again.
I just assumed this was the case now because it’s very gamey otherwise.

I’ll check out ceding properly because I have not had the chance, especially as they claim they sorted out the warmonger points with it.

Also I think another thread made the claim that you have to repair the buildings/walls before you can trade it.

Trading a city under siege is an awful exploit. This is fixed in Civ VI is a feature, not a bug.

Trading a city under siege is an awful exploit. This is fixed in Civ VI is a feature, not a bug.

He wasn't at war anymore... His only problems were loyalty problems.

Also I think another thread made the claim that you have to repair the buildings/walls before you can trade it.
Unconvinced by this.
Civs will not trade cities so easily now, even in peace deals. It’s always been a bit exploitative.
Sell flip capture abuse just seems like what this was for.

There was a horrible hidden bug two or three patches ago regarding the internal identifiers of cities that made ceded cities behave unpredictably... I know because I Hack-coded a temporary solution for CQUI's IDS integration. I never went back to re-checking that hidden bug, I wonder if it is still there...?

Top Bottom