1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Impossible to trade a city just conquered

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by OxydoReduction, Apr 4, 2018.

1. OxydoReduction

OxydoReduction Chieftain

So I was playing Korea, I was allied with Georgia and at war with America.
    I conquered the American city Cincinnati, which was along the border between Georgia and America. Knowing that I couldn't keep the city because of my lack of loyalty, I wanted to trade the city with Georgia.
    I checked the trade panel with Georgia but the city wasn't showing. I thought it was because Roosevelet didn't cede the city to me. So I made peace with Roosevelet and I made sur he ceded me the city.
    But when trying to trade it with Georgia, the city still wasn't showing. I tried to trade it with America... and it showed! I'm puzzled.
    Is that a bug? Do we have to wait for some turns after conquering a city before we can trade it with another civ?
    Thanks for your answers.

(Sorry for the mistakes, English is not my native language.)

2. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

any mods?

3. The_Quasar

The_Quasar Chieftain

Iirc, you need to wait so many turns so that you wholely own it... no good if it's only partly owned. Check the % ownership is 100% first, before you begin to trade.

4. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

You mean Loyalty? As in, you need 100% Loyalty before being able to trade it? Are you sure?

5. OxydoReduction

OxydoReduction Chieftain

I only used the "fix AI" mod for the yields so there is no link there I think.
    I never owned the city 100%, my loyalty was at 50 at first and I only lost loyalty because of the pressure of the cities nearby. Maybe it was because of that.
    It's weird though that I could trade it with Roosevelt. Maybe because he was the original owner of the city? Anyway they should write it somewhere that it's impossible to give a city that's not at 100 Loyalty.

6. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Chieftain

I don't use any mods and I also noticed I couldn't trade conquered cities straight away.

7. liv

liv Warlord

If you do not own them but just occupy them you cannot trade them

8. OxydoReduction

OxydoReduction Chieftain

I made sure to own it by making peace with America. I'm sure I wasn't just occupying the city.

9. liv

liv Warlord

I can trade cities I took from another civ in the game I am playing.

10. OxydoReduction

OxydoReduction Chieftain

Even if the city isn't at 100 Loyalty?

11. liv

liv Warlord

The city I just looked at was 2 away from full loyalty and I could trade it away just fine

12. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Doesn't the city have to be officially ceded before you can trade it? That's my guess.

13. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

The OP said he did that. I think that might actually be the cause of the problem though; there's a lot of wacky stuff going on with how ceding works, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a (perhaps unintended) part of that.

14. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Ahhh, I didn't see that part. I can only guess he thought it was ceded when it was not. Or there is a certain amount of turns you have to wait, or wait for war weariness to be removed from the city. Or just a bug.

15. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Not tested but I have seen this myself and it makes perfect sense they put this in. Otherwise 1 turn before loosing you sell it to another player and then a few turns later it flips to neutral amd you sell it to that player again.
    I just assumed this was the case now because it’s very gamey otherwise.

I’ll check out ceding properly because I have not had the chance, especially as they claim they sorted out the warmonger points with it.

16. Architect

Architect Chieftain

Also I think another thread made the claim that you have to repair the buildings/walls before you can trade it.

17. HorseshoeHermit

HorseshoeHermit 20% accurate as usual, Morty

Trading a city under siege is an awful exploit. This is fixed in Civ VI is a feature, not a bug.

18. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

He wasn't at war anymore... His only problems were loyalty problems.

19. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Unconvinced by this.
    Civs will not trade cities so easily now, even in peace deals. It’s always been a bit exploitative.
    Sell flip capture abuse just seems like what this was for.

20. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

There was a horrible hidden bug two or three patches ago regarding the internal identifiers of cities that made ceded cities behave unpredictably... I know because I Hack-coded a temporary solution for CQUI's IDS integration. I never went back to re-checking that hidden bug, I wonder if it is still there...?