Impossible without tele-blitz?

Arimae70

Chieftain
Been playing MOO2 again after many years, and very much enjoyed all the postings here. After winning consistently on hard settings, I cranked it up to impossible and got spanked until I read the tele blitz guides. Now I can win that way but ONLY that way. Any impossible players win regularly without telepathic? I'm naturally a builder does that work at all or is early conquest a given? Settings are imp/large/pre-warp. Thanks in advance!

Many races and custom races will win impossible. Tele blitz is about the most boring of all imo. Start with a strong Uni race, play on a large map to make it easier. Use prewarp setting and you should be fine.

I do well with

Rich HW
Large HW
Aquatic
Subterranean or Industry +6
Unification

Repulsive
Ship Defence Penalty
Ground Attack Penalty

Thanks for the response guys - I think I found a race combo to my liking. Uni-Creative-Subterranean thus far seems very competitive. They are long games but I like to build everything :D

Try a tolerant race like:

Rep -GC -SD Uni (6) +P (3) Tol (10) LHW (1) Huge PreWarp

Don't forget that you can sell the barracks at the start to get extra cash as a Uni. Do you start on building a colony base immediately with no scientist? Put new colony on housing and move pop as it grows to HW.

LHW = Large Home World (just in case it is not clear)

Top Bottom