1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Impossible+

Discussion in 'Starships' started by theemaster, Apr 25, 2015.

1. theemaster

theemaster Chieftain

I just played my first impossible game.. and "sailed" through it.. anything I can do to make the game harder..? choose certain affinity, leader etc.? that self-sabotages/makes it harder :)

2. Hail

Hail Satan's minion

play an only torps game. no fighters. no nothing. only torpedoes. :D

3. theemaster

theemaster Chieftain

ohh, cool.. thanks :)

That sounds challenging... I take it the fighters etc. is me having to not choose them? :(

Yah, know only played 2-3 games and even on impossible.. I never ever had more then 2 ships.. other ships are unnecessary.. hmm.. maybe someone will make a mod?

4. theemaster

theemaster Chieftain

I tried a torpedo game.. but wow it's boring..

5. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Only torpedoes doesn't make the game harder as torpedoes are ridiculously OP. Like you said, it only makes the game slower and more boring.

Try a one-ship challenge, maybe?

6. theemaster

theemaster Chieftain

Hmm.. that doesn't make it any harder.. with some shields and armor.. one can mostly "survive" about anything.. and of course a few 'wonders' help :) I purposely had like 1 shield and 1 armor for a lot of my last 'torpedo' game.. and till I finally got annoyed enough that I was a 1 hit death.. I finally pumped it up some..

I'm gonna try BE (I heard it's awful by reputation of here.. ) and hope starships get's new programming or some mods.. it's quite good! :) It could us some new ideas/features and 3-4 more impossible difficulty levels.. since impossible is easy.. :eek2:

7. bcyy

bcyy Chieftain

How about trying to win the game without ever attacking an AI player's territory?