Impressions of MTW2

Kan' Sharuminar said:
I have three armies in the region, including the one holding the pass you see on the bottom left. A fourth army is being trained. The walls of Constantinople will not be threatened!

I hope :run:

I never bothered expanding east of Constantinople on the basis that the Byzantines would act as a nice barrier to Mongol aggression. Not sure how aggressive to be against Milan as I don't really want the Pope to attack me in the middle of Italy.

One full army so not really a major problem but I'm already at war with Milan, HRE and Hungary.

salty mud said:
:lol:

You don't stand a chance. :rotfl:

Good luck again. Keep us informed and show us the mini-map in the corner. I want to see empires please. :smug:

Never used the Sally stratergy ????
(Allow yourself to be seiged then used carefully positioned archers to decimate the besiegers before exiting the battle, repeat = decimated enemy armies which break off the seige)

Kan' Sharuminar said:
:lol: Well quoted, have been looking for an opportunity to use that.

heh it seemed appropriate ;)

I get th efeeling there's still the age old problem of if you have a border with someone they'll declare war on you....

FriendlyFire said:
Never used the Sally stratergy ????
(Allow yourself to be seiged then used carefully positioned archers to decimate the besiegers before exiting the battle, repeat = decimated enemy armies which break off the seige)

Annoyingly at Constantinople and Venice the AI will stay in range of my towers however at Sofia and Zagreb they seem to stay out of range which is annoying. Venice seems to be the ultimate defensive location as when the AI breaks it heads off at an angle so that cavalry behind the walls can charge out and run them down before they reach safety. Constantinople has an annoying ridge which the enemy troops can hide behind.

Dell19 said:
Annoyingly at Constantinople and Venice the AI will stay in range of my towers however at Sofia and Zagreb they seem to stay out of range which is annoying. Venice seems to be the ultimate defensive location as when the AI breaks it heads off at an angle so that cavalry behind the walls can charge out and run them down before they reach safety. Constantinople has an annoying ridge which the enemy troops can hide behind.

This was fixed in RTR and RTW 1.5 as the armies "reposition" themselves with a bit of practice you can easily predict where they are going. Its simple to position your archers along the walls to hit them. failing that thou you can bait the AI with your calvary skirting around in front launch fake attacks and so on. (Draw out there calavry first into your killing ground)

(Be aware that once the Ai has siege towers this gambit wont work.)

---

MTW2 thou I have yet to play.
But as above I imagine its do able.

And yeah hitting them with calavary in the rear as they move is another way of inflicting punnishing casualties. (Thou not with archers rainning arrows down at the same time :D )

Shylock said:
RTW's droppings. The AI loves to spam ships.

It is historically acurate thou.
byztine was the major navel power at that time. Both technologically and militarily. The Muslim nations could not challenge her. Later Venice (italian states) became the major power when Byztine went bankrupt from paying for the crusades

I get the impression that the Mongols are on steroids.

One of those 'shouldn't have bothered' crusades:

The pope is gonna be pissed...

Top Bottom