Impromptu Negotiations with Elucidia (CDG)

FortyJ

Deity
Mid-afternoon Friday, we were presented with the opportunity of chatting with a few members from the higher-up positions in the Elucidia government.

I elected to step in as Acting Ambassador as I could not determine if an official Ambassador had been appointed as of yet.

Anyway, we exchanged some information with them but were unable to make any deals. However we did learn some interesting points and have one possible agreement pending:
  • They have already met both Gamecatcher and Apolyton.
  • Their lands are located just beyond the northern land bridge.
  • Apolyton's lands are located beyond theirs, presumably to the Northeast.
  • They volunteered that Gamecatcher "dont seem to like you guys that much"
  • We have tried to open the door to a long-term friendship with them, both scientifically, as well as militarily.
  • They did seem receptive to a request for military assistance, should the need arise.
They also volunteered that they've barricaded the northern pass. We asked if they'd allow our warrior scout to pass so that we can make official contact with Apolyton, in return for allowing their warrior free reign in our lands as well. They have agreed to consider the proposal further.

http://140.211.122.84/CFC_MSDG/chatlogs/embassy_chat_18apr03.zip
user name: fanatics
password: zli94AB
zip password: xboxrules

This is all valuable to know. Seems we've been screwed in technology.

Hmmm, lets not make too many enemies. Plus, I want to try their beers sometime.

I think that we should take out gamecatcher, or deal a severe blow to them. Not Elucidia - they are too far away, it seems. If we were to attack Elucidia, their land would be of no use to us, as they would be too far away.

Elucidia could become of use to us, being a possible neighbour to GC. We should wage war against GC, until they agree to surrender all their techs to us for the next 20 turns.

Elucidia would have more to gain by being our ally than by being GC's ally. They are close to GC, and far from us, which means that they will be able to take advantage with a war with GC to take some productive lands. A war with us, has no advantages for them.

So, if I understand well, we may have found an ally against GameCatcher. Thsi is good, because attacking with only two cities is not exactly a good thing, as our military production would be sort of stalled to a certain level. With an ally, this problem isn't relevant anymore.

This is nice. I say we suck up to CDG as much as we can, at least until we crush GC together.

We don't need to suck up to CDG. It looks like they may be fearing a two- front war with Poly and GC. I believe they need us as an ally. We should be able to play them like a piano. I also believe we need to focus Militarily on CG. We should at least remain a threat to them if we're not going to attack them, as we said we would.

We will more than likely need allies in this cut-throat world. If someone was watching our backs, I'd sleep more soundly.

What do people think about proposing a general military alliance with Elucidia? Something like an MPP in a Civ3 game. If we're attack, they declare war, and vice versa. We just must agree with each other before taking agressive action, just so they can't force us into a war when we're not ready.

This probably needs a new thread...

I agree to sign a possible alliance with them. They seem very receptive to us, we both have a common ennemy that is close to us both (GC) and we would both gain from a possible war with GC. Let's try to find a possible agreement, a militarist and scientific joint venture in case something goes bad. If we split the research in two, both nations would gain. If we can agree to research most military technologies, we would have the upper hand in case something goes bad and I don't think that Eucledia is a threat for us right now. I just can't see a good reason why we shouldn't do everything we can to agree on a pact.

Top Bottom