1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Improved and more detailed random terrain

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by joebasstard, May 11, 2004.

1. joebasstard

joebasstard Chieftain

I would especially like to see an improved and more detailed random terrain map generator. the existing one isn't bad, but it would be nice to have options like: Continents with lots of islands, Pangea with lots of peninsulas, etc.

2. joebasstard

joebasstard Chieftain

Also more terrain detail. Instead of just hills, grassland hills, forest hills, plains hills, desert hills, etc.
    Maybe the addition of climate zones. As a result, grassland in a temperate zone in temperate grassland, Vs. tropical grassland, with different food production, resources, etc.
    whatever the zonecolder than temperate is (sub-temperate?) would be less productive in food
    Also another type of tile: rocky grassland. less food than plains, takes longer to irrigate, more food than hills.
    that way you don't have to put 'plains' in the lowlands of say, New England, to represent the difficulty in farming areas like that as opposed to more fertile areas.

3. warpstorm

warpstorm Yumbo? Yumbo!

I agree with this. If they go away from tiles and move towards 3D terrain (and everything I've read leads me to believe this is going to happen) this becomes more important than ever.