Improvement adjacency problem

krolac

Chieftain
Hey,

I have added the Tipi as a UI for the Shoshone in my mod. It can only be build on flat plains and yields +1 Food as well as a random yield of +1 Culture, +1 Faith or +1 Gold. I have created 4 Tipi variants, one that can be built and three others that are randomly placed on top of the build Tipi when it is completed. Code follows:

Code:
function TipiRandomYield(iPlayer, iX, iY, iImprovement)
	local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]
	if (pPlayer:IsAlive()) then
		if (pPlayer:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes["CIVILIZATION_SHOSHONE"]) then
			print("The Shoshone built something!")
			if iImprovement == GameInfoTypes["IMPROVEMENT_SHOSHONE_TIPI_BASE"] then
				print("The Shoshone built a Tipi!")
				local pPlot = Map.GetPlot(iX, iY)
				local iRND = JFD_GetRandom(1, 3)
				pPlot:SetImprovementType(-1)
				if iRND == 1 then
					pPlot:SetImprovementType(GameInfoTypes["IMPROVEMENT_SHOSHONE_TIPI_CULTURE"])
					print("A culture Tipi!")
				end
				if iRND == 2 then
					pPlot:SetImprovementType(GameInfoTypes["IMPROVEMENT_SHOSHONE_TIPI_FAITH"])
					print("A faith Tipi!")
				end
				if iRND == 3 then
					pPlot:SetImprovementType(GameInfoTypes["IMPROVEMENT_SHOSHONE_TIPI_GOLD"])
					print("A gold Tipi!")
				end

end
		end
	end
end

GameEvents.BuildFinished.Add(TipiRandomYield)

This seems to work nice but I have one problem. I don't want the Tipi's to be built adjacent to each other, so I flagged them with <NoTwoAdjacent>true</NoTwoAdjacent>, but since the base Tipi is now replaced with a "culture, faith or gold" Tipi, it is still possible to build a new base Tipi adjacent to an existing Tipi, and I cant figure out how to prevent that. Hope you follow me there :)

Picture: http://s24.postimg.org/sa9ze6m79/Untitled.jpg

Is there any good solution or workaround for this? Also, since I am very new at Lua, if you see anything that I might have missed in the code, please let me know.

If you're using my modded DLL or the CP DLL, there is GameEvents.PlotCanImprove() ... unfortunately these came after the code base that Firaxis took the "community events" from, so didn't make the cut into the latest patch.

That's too bad. I'm putting this together for multiplayer play so I really want the "Active AI" dll modification in the mod. I'll try to think of something else for the Tipi.

Thanks for your prompt reply!

Top Bottom