1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Improvement to managing city populations

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by PsychoticSquid, Jan 13, 2017.

1. PsychoticSquid

PsychoticSquid Chieftain

I would like to see the ability to right click on a worked tile when managing a city's population to take a worker off of that tile and add to a pool of unused workers that you can then distribute (and the game would pull from this pool before any currently worked tiles).

As it is, it's a little annoying to have to click to lock the ones you want before you try and assign a single tile. If you don't do this, the game tries to anticipate which tile you want the worker pulled from and often does not make the choice I want. The current system is especially clunky when trying to lock the workers in a district, since they can have up to three workers and the same controls are used both to assign a new worker and to lock the number of workers. You have to click each one three times to go back to the number of workers you had assigned to that district previously before you can lock it there, which seems a little convoluted.

Apologies if there is already a simpler way to do this, I'm open to advice if anyone has it.

2. RealAntithesis

RealAntithesis Warlord

In general, there are too many clicks and messing around to do many things that should be simpler and more streamlined. Some things have become unnecessarily complicated. This is probably one of them...

3. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

There is currently no worker pool like in V. To my memory I have not seen it on a wish list - city build queue is a popular request.

4. VeronicaCardican

VeronicaCardican Chieftain

It might be easier to do as a drag and drop action so you can't have unassigned workers.

5. PsychoticSquid

PsychoticSquid Chieftain

That seems like a pretty eloquent solution.