1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Improvements/cities/resources get 'stuck' to screen / floating graphics

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Confirmed Bugs' started by Ykai, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Ykai

Ykai Chieftain

My apologies if this has been reported before. Since this has happened on two different systems (both laptops, but one much better than the other) with two different copies of Civ 5, I thought it might be a bug.

Sometimes, and I'm not sure when exactly or what causes it, a couple of improvements, cities, or resources get copied and are 'stuck to the screen', moving around with it as you scroll around, appearing always. Sometimes they disappear after a while, sometimes it requires a restart.

It's hard to explain, so here is a screenshot:

The city, the mine, and the pearls below them are not actually on those water tiles. They are just firmly stuck to that part of the screen and will always be there, no matter what area of the map I am viewing. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Some other screenies, from here:
    Spoiler :

Before:

After:

3. The_J

Another screenie from here:

System is a AMD quadcore with 4 GB DDR3 with an ATI Radeon 4800 with Win7 64.

4. Bleser

Bleser Prince

City objects and work boats followed my screen camera for this turn; have not seen this before or since, not really sure what caused it.

Objects are to the right of the screen in the darker area.

5. Ranseier

Ranseier Chieftain

I saw the same in some turns.

6. The_J

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

Thanks for reporting :), but it's already known.
    Just bad, that it's not reproducible.

7. kroket

kroket Warlord

Ok so i have been playing 775 turns in a marathon game now and i costantly have fake buildings in the toprighthalf of the screen. I run i7 930 max settings with dx11.
    I added a screenshot. Its just annoying so far doesnt make the game crash but still.
    Also at the start of a turn if you go to foreign territory it starts out grey and then quickly becomes normal again from bottom to top of screen (taking about 3 sec.) Really weird this started around turn 500 or something...

Attached Files:

8. kroket

kroket Warlord

So i restarted the game and its gone for now. Still the grey stuff though i added a screenshot.

Attached Files:

9. kroket

kroket Warlord

Happy to report that i managed to win the game without a crash with a spaceship victory in 1812.

10. The_J

The "gray world" bug is another one, there are a half dozen threads in tech support about this, but no solution yet.
    Lowering the settings has helped in some cases.

11. boneys26

boneys26 BTS Play session tester

Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q6700 @ 2.66GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Graphic's: NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512mb Vram
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Steam civ5 v1.0.0.20

I Have items in game sticking to the interface. things like a barb camps. It will be lower left corner of the screen but when I move the view for example to the right over water etc. the barb camp remains in the lower left of the screen.. it has done the same a few times with resources. also I see a lot of square's ie barb camp on snow with be inside a off white square or green.. depending on what the barb camp was built on.. might be linked to the red dots "corners" already listed in known bugs.

not found a way to repeat the bug seams random.

Game is still playable and camps/resources stuck on the screen clear up after a few minutes.

12. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

I have had deer stick to the left border of the screen once (funny to see them hovering over the sea). I also got farms showing 3 hammers instead of 3 food in some places ... no definite pattern other than being late in the game so far.

dV

13. boneys26

boneys26 BTS Play session tester

I like the barb camp one.. if you move away you take there camp.. didn't think to see if they kept the defence bonus.. lol

Moderator Action: Threads merged. The_J

14. Frozen In Ice

Frozen In Ice Emperor

These unit and and resource images became transparent and then began floating along with my current viewing window. This happened when I had one unit selected on one side of the world and then clicked on a notification on the right side of the screen that brought me to a different area. This happened multiple times during my game. I have the most recent patch.

Spoiler :

I looked through the forum and didn't see anything about this. My apologies if this has been posted.

Moderator Action: Sorry, yes, has been posted. Threads merged. The_J

15. zub

zub Chieftain

Spoiler :

In my current game I got this glitch after playing for a while. It goes away if I restart the game (going to menu and reloading isn't enough) but it comes back eventually.
    More info: those improvements belonged to or were near Lhassa, appearing when the camera moved to them. So when I couldn't afford being allied to Lhassa anymore the bug stopped too. Clicking randomly in minimap can make it disappear.

16. The_J

Petek, i'd say we can treat this also as "confirmed", or what do you mean?

17. Interslice

Interslice Chieftain

I got this as well.
    Spoiler :

The top left is actually an ocean :eek:

18. Beef Hammer

Beef Hammer Warlord

reloading a save always fixes this it seems, at least for me

19. firecat318

firecat318 Warlord

Its like it copies the terrain from a certain city and it just gets stuck on my screen. It won't disappear until I reload the game. It doesn't happen often, but at least 5 times since I've purchased the game.

20. The_J

...yeah...rather common :yup:.