In a tricky situation...

Charlie_B

Warlord
...and I'm not to sure how to get out!

The settings of my game are conquest/domination victory, 5 civs, fantasy map, normal speed, and probably monarch difficulty.
I killed Ghandi fairly early (netting a lot of religions in the process :)), then grabbed some cities from Qin because the other two were already at war with him, so there's 3 civs left - me, Cyrus, and Roosevelt.
The problem lies in defensive pacts. I've got one with Cyrus, and so has Roosevelt, meaning noone can attack someone else without taking on both other Civs. Currently i'm the weakest of all three, behind in research (i've got maybe half the modern techs) and army size, so taking both on is not an option!
At the moment i'm trying to build up my army so it's big enough to withstand the defence, then annoying Roosevelt so much he attacks me and Cyrus weighs in on my side (which would be amusing as they're both friendly with each other). Has anyone got alternative suggestions?

...and I'm not to sure how to get out!

The settings of my game are conquest/domination victory, 5 civs, fantasy map, normal speed, and probably monarch difficulty.
I killed Ghandi fairly early (netting a lot of religions in the process :)), then grabbed some cities from Qin because the other two were already at war with him, so there's 3 civs left - me, Cyrus, and Roosevelt.
The problem lies in defensive pacts. I've got one with Cyrus, and so has Roosevelt, meaning noone can attack someone else without taking on both other Civs. Currently i'm the weakest of all three, behind in research (i've got maybe half the modern techs) and army size, so taking both on is not an option!
At the moment i'm trying to build up my army so it's big enough to withstand the defence, then annoying Roosevelt so much he attacks me and Cyrus weighs in on my side (which would be amusing as they're both friendly with each other). Has anyone got alternative suggestions?

Good strat I think, but I don't know if it is feasable. and how long it will take.
If you power graph rises, it will take more time for a angry civ to attack.
Roosevelt is more a builder than a warmonger.

Which leader do you play ?
Which year ?
What is your weapon of choice, which military techs do you have and are aiming for ?

It's 2075 right now, I'm Aztec and I've got pretty much every military tech. There aren't many things left to research so my bar is set very low. Because it's a strange fantasy map, there's no aluminium anywhere, so that makes the choice of mil units pretty easy - lots of mec infantry, with a couple of gunships for potential raiding and some sam/fighters on my borders.

In the past few years Cyrus' power graph has risen massively, so I assume he's finished research and is going all out for building mil units. As you say, it's hard to get a balance between having enough men to defend myself, and not being so scary that Roosevelt daren't declare war on me. We seem to be in a bit of a stalemate!

I have a strange suggestion - Try fortifying your boarder cities with Roosevelt, while leaving all your new offensive units with one turn to go in the build queues . Then jack your culture. no new units are built so Roosy might start to want to attack you. Increasing boarder tension might also help achieve this.

Potential problem is ticking Cyrus off in the process. If your higher commerce boarder cities are closer to him you might not want to jack the culture. (If I understand it Cyrus can attack YOU without fighting Roosy)

Hopefully stalling on upgrades and storing units in the build queue will allow you to get a DoW from Roosy (make some demands too) Then you can wheather the storm with your defensive units and go on the offensive when your brand new army is ready in 10 turns. Check out the spike in your powergraph too. LOL.

2075AD????
Sounds bad.
I suggest building :
- nukes (a dozen or so)
- bombers (20 or so)
- mech infantry (20 or so)
- modern armor (as many as possible)

Scout the land, find where the biggest stacks are.
Then declare.
Then nuke the biggest stacks (double nuke should kill every unit)

Top Bottom