In depth Rev Guide?

WRobN

Chieftain
Can someone please make a good guide about the revolution screen and pop ups?

Some numbers in screen are unknown to me.
Please explain trough screenshots.

Something like:
Stable 606 Net 1 (Flat) 1 Good: Bad: Despotism -4, Slavery -1

I dont understand.

By the way this mod is in my top 3! I love it!
A bit off topic dreaming but:
Spoiler :
Imagine playing LoR, then a Final Frontier like mod takes it over to space, then Mars, Now lets you colonize the other planets....
All in one game :eek:
I know im a dreamer, but wouldnt it be nice?
Especially when this works multiplayer. Instead one planet, multiple are in pre-space-age, as soon you "win" the planet war (Legends of Revolution style) you go to space age where you defend your planets with starships etc (Final Frontier style). Only very late space tech allows to influence the planet directly so you go down first to colonize it (Mars, Now! style) But other planets also could be inhabited by human players (multiple planet games getting linked to one space map).
:hammer2::yumyum::drool::woohoo:

I accidentally removed the lists from the revolution screen because i didnt know what those buttons did.
Maybe a solution to put it back to default would be nice :mischief:

I know needed to reinstall to get those lists back. :crazyeye:

Some numbers in screen are unknown to me.
Please explain trough screenshots.

Something like:
Stable 606 Net 1 (Flat) 1 Good: Bad: Despotism -4, Slavery -1

I using a friends comp, so I can't get you screens right now, but from memory, here it is as I understand it:

In the city window of the current version, it lists both empire and city stability.
The above looks like empire stability. Stable 606 would mean you have currently 606 points of revolution "buffer", Despotism and Slavery detract a total of 5 points from that buffer each turn. If it hits (or possible nears) zero, your empire may revolt. Golden Ages, small empires, and civics like Representation allow you to increase your positive index. I've never allowed myself to near zero, but I'm guessing this is the revolution where if you lose the election, an AI takes over your civ for a number of turns. Hopefully other more experienced users could help you here.

On the city stability, the numbers work in the other way around. Things like unhappiness, unhealthiness, foreign culture, colony (an island or continent with no coast tiles connected to your capital), and distance from capital raise the revolution index by the number shown, and once it reaches the max (I think 1000 or 2000), your city may revolt--you lose production in that city for X number of turns, it spawns rebel or enemy troops [if high culture from a civ you're at war with], your troops stationed there are damaged, etc.
You can decrease the index by garrisoning more troops in the city, increasing its culture, building the forbidden palace or moving your capital, changing to beneficial civics, and (I think) increasing it's number of trade routes.

At least this is my understanding of it. Hope this helps!

It would be nice if the revolutions interface were more intuitive or had it's own "tab" on the city/empire screen, but I think that it would take too much work to add a page or to work that kind of modification in when there are other things that need looking at. I read them every once in a while, but I never had a problem managing stability since my playstyle already seems to cater to keeping my people happy.

I've never had a revolt in my country. The closest I came was when my capital demanded an election, and I gave it to them and won. I've had revolts in my vassals, and I'll send troops to support the "war", and I've had revolts in "hostile" territories (Rivals)- where I treat them like "insurgents" and provide them with technology, troops and cash if they're fighting a country I think is a possible threat; it's just that revolutions have never really done anything negative to ME.

I think i need to pm the mod maker to get a answer...

There's low support to this mod....

Well, Kelper sort of answered your question already; but phungus is working on the mod by himself. Have you tried asking in the RevDCM or Revolutions forum yet?

Well, Kelper sort of answered your question already; but phungus is working on the mod by himself. Have you tried asking in the RevDCM or Revolutions forum yet?

Isnt this the right place ?!?

Legends of Revolutions uses RevDCM as one of the base-mods. RevDCM uses Revolutions and Dales Combat Mod.

I'm simply suggesting that, if you aren't getting the answer you need, in the time you need it, from the LoR forum: the RevDCM and Revolusions forums may be able to give you more complete information. I agree that the Revolutions information is difficult to read, and I mentioned that I think it'd be helpful if there were a GUI to break it out in a more user-friendly format.

Phungus does a lot of work on the mod, but (for the most part) the revolutions effects are inherited from RevDCM. His focus is, generally, on other aspects.

I think i need to pm the mod maker to get a answer...
Hey there WrobN. Just curious, but what did you mean by that? An answer with screenshots?
I actually spent almost an hour searching the RevDCM forum for information (which I didn't find) before writing up my above reply, so I was a little surprised when you didn't bother to say thanks or if you understood it. Perhaps I misunderstood your post.
If you were looking for some simple help understanding, this was the right place, but if you want "a good guide about the revolution screen and pop ups", you'd probably better of in the RevDCM forum. Like Esemjay said, LoR just incorporates Revolutions--it doesn't actually develop or provide support for it.
There's low support to this mod....
That's probably true compared to some of the other top mods with more developers and an larger, older fan base, but with Phungus heading up this mod solo since last December, and I'm personally impressed by the time he makes for support and the forums while also working on dev.
I think most of the players here are also no less friendly and helpful than any other game--but LoR is still relatively new, and the fan-base just isn't that large yet.

I indeed wanted a precise explanation of all parts of the rev screens.
So maybe i need to contact the maker in the other if hed like to make a topic for it or a pdf version.

Well ty all, if i get a pdf or topic for it i will post the link here also.

Top Bottom