1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

In the year 2025, who will likely have the most posts?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Kyriakos, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Cutlass

Cutlass The Man Who Wasn't There.

My posting rate is no longer high. People will leave me in the dust.

2. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

I'll let the latter sentence pass because I'm feeling in a good mood, but the game's just ended. Check in!

3. GoodEnoughForMe

GoodEnoughForMe n.m.s.s.

4. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

Yeah probably Tak

Kyriakos likes this.
  5. Valka D'Ur

Valka D'Ur Hosting Iron Pen in A&E Retired Moderator

M-kay... I miscalculated by quite a bit. The person I'm referring to has been there since April 25, 2001, has the rank of Fleet Admiral (should be much higher, but as mentioned, the admins would have had to create a usergroup just for him since the next nearest person has over 100,000 fewer posts), has 240,816 posts, and 47,256 "likes".

He is one of my followers (mutual; we've had some arguments over the years, but for the most part it's been a fun acquaintanceship, and his posts range from spammy 3/5/7-word story posts, spammy Shouting Spock posts, chatty posts, informative posts, and long, thoughtful posts on just about any sort of topic). I have no idea if he has a life other than posting on that forum. I suspect some people there really don't, since they routinely get annoyed that I don't remember what so-and-so said to somebody else 100 pages ago in some specific thread, and seem not to understand that I participate regularly on multiple forums and social media sites, as well as my daily writing, only drop in to some areas of that site every 2-3 weeks, and really don't care about the minutiae of some of those threads.

On the first forum I ever joined, it was unusual for anyone to get 10,000 posts. It was an RPG forum, and spam was frowned upon. Real-world politics and religion were forbidden topics there which probably explains why, up until November 2006 when I departed that place, only 4 male posters had ever achieved the rank of Emperor and only one woman had ever achieved the rank of Empress (minimum 10,000 posts required). I was one of only 4 women to ever achieve the rank of Queen there (don't remember how many posts that needed... 5000? Might have been 7500, but I don't remember. Anyway, it was a notable achievement for someone who was there for less than 3 years). I remember some grumbling about one of the guys who made it to Emperor; he'd done it in about a year, which was considerably less time than it had taken the others (over 5 years in a couple of cases).

Anyway, there was a time there when someone crunched some numbers and then issued a challenge to see who could keep up a steady daily post count of 30 non-spam posts/day. I managed for awhile, but later decided that I'd enjoy myself more if I just didn't worry about it. The only time I did push it was long after leaving that forum; I really wanted into the Admirals' Lounge at TrekBBS, so I calculated how many posts/day I'd need to get there by a particular date, and missed by about 6 months. That's not a huge deal as time goes over there, and at my rate, the next rank will be years away.

If post count were restored from the archived threads and if it were enabled for the Other Games sections that currently don't have it, I wonder how the counts would shift (very few of my posts are in Other Games, so I'm just curious about that).

amadeus likes this.
  6. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

You can name names, I suppose, this isn't a trolling thread ^_^
    Only one I can think of who has a lot of posts, was #1 for a considerable time, hasn't posted in years and is old enough to have possibly children in posting age would be Mobboss. But how likely is it for any of that mafia family to make a visit?

7. Valka D'Ur

Mobboss' children are all adults by now. And from what he mentioned from time to time, I doubt any of them would be interested enough in this forum to bother posting here.

GenMarshall and Kyriakos like this.
  8. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

Kyriakos !!! xD

9. amadeus

amadeus Serenity now!

I also was on an RPG forum that forbade posts about real-world politics, etc., in the late 1990's but I'm certain it wasn't the same as yours as there were no ranks to speak of. For longest-running use of a single site, CFC would be it for me.

Hey, my account is old enough to vote this year! We should have an OT election, 18+ accounts get to vote for OT President. I nominate myself. :goodjob:

The_J likes this.
  10. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Retired Moderator Supporter

Your 2036 account number is very low. :)

11. amadeus

amadeus Serenity now!

I nominate @Birdjaguar as Vice President in case I am unable to discharge my duties.

Also his account is old enough to vote and I don't want him running against me.

The_J likes this.
  12. Valka D'Ur

I don't know what that place was like in its early years, as I didn't join until 2004. It was someone there who told me about CFC. He's not active here, though - hasn't been for many years. Ditto someone else from there who has an account here.

In this case I won't name the forum because my departure was not on friendly terms, and in any case, they sell stuff on their site.

13. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I just thought it'd be neat, since he sort of disappeared at a time when I was hearing more about his kids. So I put 2 and 2 together ;)

Kyriakos likes this.
  14. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

hehe you said discharge
    Your confidence in this banana republic's ability to actually have de facto mandated that I become a quasi-hikikomori is double-edged, methinks.

15. AdamCrock

AdamCrock Polish Pudding

No !

If anyone it is I who has ....have a big belly !! It is me !