In What Electronic Entertainment Have You Been Partaking #19: Cyberpunked

Status
Not open for further replies.
PoE:
Tomorrow, I'll run a couple of maps to finish the last conqueror and I'll be able to face Sirus for the first time. Build looks good, I've decided to spend some of my meagre funds to buy awakened support gems that pushed my "ground state" DPS over 1M.

Seriously, Sirius. Excellent work. I want to know how the fight goes. Blow by blow. Make a video?

Seriously, Sirius. Excellent work. I want to know how the fight goes. Blow by blow. Make a video?

I'm afraid I won't be able to make a video. PoE's performance issues are forcing me to play with all background applications closed and absolutely no alt-tabbing, even though I can play games that should be much more demanding.

We'll see how it goes. Raider's insane speed should help me relocate, but it's the first time...gotta see for myself how the fight really looks.

Good luck!

Unfortunately, it didn't go well.

The fight is much like Atziri, you gotta get used to the mechanics. First time it's too overwhelming...

Unfortunately, it didn't go well.

The fight is much like Atziri, you gotta get used to the mechanics. First time it's too overwhelming...
And the ticket to the fight is not much fun. :(

I've tried Sirus 3 times, and I've not beat him yet. I don't particularly like the fight - you spend more time fighting the environment than the boss. Compared to fights like Elder or Shaper, or even Atziri, it seems poorly designed.

+1 to move once You've had circumnavigated is nothing to be sniffed at ;) Was that a secret bonus in Civ 3 as well ?

Was that a secret bonus in Civ 3 as well ?
Naah, the only advantage of mapping the world in Civ3 is the increased trading opportunities/reduced tech costs that come from knowing more AI-Civs.

To get the +1 naval movement, you have to build the "Great Lighthouse" or "Magellan's Voyage" Wonders.

Naah, the only advantage of mapping the world in Civ3 is the increased trading opportunities/reduced tech costs that come from knowing more AI-Civs.

To get the +1 naval movement, you have to build the "Great Lighthouse" or "Magellan's Voyage" Wonders.

Oh I see ! Civ 3 is my "Achilles foot" You see. ;) Those of You (i doubt there are) who didn't knew : It You circumnavigate the world first - if map is right xD - You get +1 move bonus for naval units in Civ 4 - but everyone knew that ! I was born with that knowledge I think xD

DEUS EX: MANKIND DIVIDED. Very shiny, and seems enjoyable. I'm not suuuuuuper into it yet. I'm not sure I ever will be; but until then, it's holding my attention decently well, so I'll keep going until that changes.

Really, this game is just making me want to write cyberpunk things.
After completing this, I think I know why I never really got to the point of explicitly liking it. The environments are fleshed out rather well, but it faces a pretty big problem: none of it matters.

Pocket secretaries can be found in almost every encounter. These provide a lot of worldbuilding and slice-of-life information. More importantly, they provide answers.

That's cool. Except these answers do not apply to the story as it unfolds. You can figure out the answers to everything well before the cutscenes, and it just never shows up that you already knew this information. It got tiring to trigger a cutscene and have Jensen say or do things that do not make sense; Jensen, through your play, has already uncovered the details necessary to make an informed decision or reaction.

Another issue is the keycodes these pocket secretaries provide. In many instances, the keycodes are stashed far away from where you'd use them. Sometimes, they are even in the room you're trying to get into (thanks, big help). The keycodes for other places in the city were useful, but I found the ones for in the area you're already in to be bordering on pointless. Often, you'd already be in the place you got the code for.

I appreciated the ability to be non-lethal. Characters were neat, though it was clear they paid little attention to the mechanics of it.

The game implies there's a double-life aspect to contend with in the main story, but I never noticed any actual changes/consequences from that. I think I got the "good" ending, and I never threw in with either side completely. The final cutscene did not convey any appreciable impact from Jensen's decisions beyond the completion of some side missions.

---

I am now going to give HELLBLADE: SENUA'S SACRIFICE a go. Thirty minutes in and I can say the sound design is incredible. However, I am skeptical of the puzzle system. I will find out if it's worth sticking with.

That problem when you have over 100 games in your steam library but aren't sure what to play so you putter around doing something else.

That problem when you have over 100 games in your steam library but aren't sure what to play so you putter around doing something else.
Ah, if I had ONLY 100 games to chose from...

*looks at his 530-large games library*

Ah, if I had ONLY 100 games to chose from...

*looks at his 530-large games library*

On Steam I have over 1000 games. I've created a collection for games that I'm currently playing or interested in playing.

I already can't find time to play more than a fraction of all the games I have, and that's with being a complete geek with a VERY understanding girlfriend who allows me basically unlimited time spent on the PC.
How are you going to ever face 1000 games ? :D

Last edited:
I’ve really narrowed my games to play down to these gems: World of Warcraft, Overwatch, Starcraft II, Fallout 4 and Skyrim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom