1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

In what era does boredom set in for you?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by orasis, Jan 1, 2017.

?

In what era do you get bored?

Poll closed Jan 15, 2017.
  1. Ancient

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Classical

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  3. Medieval

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Renaissance

10 vote(s)
    13.3%
  5. Industrial

16 vote(s)
    21.3%
  6. Modern

17 vote(s)
    22.7%
  7. Atomic

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  8. Information

6 vote(s)
    8.0%
  9. None

9 vote(s)
    12.0%
  1. darkace77450

darkace77450 King

To answer TC's question, late Industrial/early Modern Era is probably when the game takes a dip for me. This is a result of several factors: 1) all my infrastructure is in place and I'm more or less just clicking Next Turn until I reach my victory condition, and 2) the lack of a competent AI means there's no military threat that can be presented against me. I hope to God they introduce the World Congress and meaningful diplomacy to alleviate the former and actually spend the resources necessary to drastically improve the AI to alleviate the latter.

2. Rossticles

Rossticles Chieftain

None. I'm loving the game.

3. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Define "fundamentally flawed." I don't know what game you've been playing, but the Civ6 I've been playing is 10x the game vanilla Civ5 was and at least on par with Civ5 + G&K. Like I said, it has plenty of room to improve and expand--it's by no means perfect--but it's an extremely solid vanilla entry. I can understand why some people may not like it, because people have different preferences, but it's not like it's broken, empty, or something completely different from what it was advertised to be that would justify some of the irrational malice I see directed towards the game. (Note that, again, I'm not referring to people who have criticisms or simply don't like it; I do like the game and have plenty of criticisms to offer. What I'm referring to are the comments that are so dripping with venom as to defy any sort of rational discourse. There are games that deserve that level of disdain, but IMO I don't see how Civ6 could be one of them.)

Abraxis, Jonathan and VicRatlhead5199 like this.
  4. Jabulani

Jabulani Warlord

I didn't cast my vote because there is no " All " option to choose from.

Anyway I get bored in every era, cause the AI is the same among all of them, playing against a super dumbed AI is an insult to my average intelligence and to the one of this community members too.

5. baboon

baboon Warlord

Once I'm on top in science and have conquered atleast one opponent, I'm 100% sure I win, and I just feel I need to get a Steam achievement. I hate that point. It will take multiple evenings still to finish the game.

6. baboon

baboon Warlord

Yeah Civ 5 vanilla was so terrible I only started to really play it after two years. And then I spent so much time on it, it was definately worth the money.

Civ 6 is just fun right away, I just play it now and then and I will play it a lot after the first expansion I expect.

Zaarin likes this.
  7. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

I was the same. I played a few games and shelved Civ5 until Gods & Kings came out. Civ6 needs some polish and really needs more civs, but even so it's extremely enjoyable even as is.

baboon likes this.