[GS] Inca Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Human Crouton

Human Crouton Prince

They might be if you're using all of your hills as terrace farms instead of as mines.

Depravo, TahamiTsunami and Laxley like this.
  2. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

So, Inca can work volcanos as well which might be super good tiles?

TahamiTsunami likes this.
  3. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

Very cool that they fit both terrace farms and mountain roads into the design. Machu Picchu not being in ruins threw me off, but it makes sense for it not to be and looks good. I guess one of the biggest challenges with the Inca will be deciding between a great Campus/Holy Site or a great Terrace Farm. That challenge is minimized if there's some flat space next to a mountain range.

4. Xandinho

Xandinho Deity

The Incas are very interesting, I look forward to playing with them. And I am very happy to see Machu Picchu (one of the most iconic structures in South America could not miss in the game :D), now the 7 wonders of the modern world is complete.

5. ToothedBomb

ToothedBomb Prince

Looking good! I can see how some might think they're a bit boring to play, but I think there's lots of people who just want to have fun building an empire in this game. I think the Inca are well suited to that.

6. Leathaface

Leathaface Emperor

Some players don't value food much, players who play on Deity too. I think food is valuable though because you get to population 4, 7 and 10 quicker plus it helps with loyalty.

TahamiTsunami and DeutschDachs like this.
  7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I'll be honest, they sound pretty cool to play. At least on the right maps. I wouldn't play them with the old world setting or on island plates/archipelago setting. They are better than Canada at least.

I like that there are more options for desert hills. Could be useful if you have some clumped together near mountains. Situational, but at least you have options.

8. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

Custom religion. (The water Icon is one of the 12 Icons available)

9. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I'm with you. Food bonuses aren't very fun. Their super power is high population and early mountain teleportation. Kinda meh.

10. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

Why are the Hungarian cities blurred out in the trade route list?

11. local_hero

local_hero Prince

I think they look interesting. Okay, mountain tile yields aren't that great, but imagine a site with lots of mountains. Other civs will be starved for food and production. The Inca only needs to plop down a few Terrace Farms, send a internal trade route from the city and watch the pop increase quickly. Housing might be a problem, but they can actually get some production from the mountain tiles if they have few other workable tiles within city borders.

They are kinda like Canada. Neither tundra or spots with lots of mountains are prime locations but they can do decent cities there (although the Inca seem better).

12. Amrunril

Amrunril Emperor

This is probably the returning civ closest to its Civ V design, which is a good thing, as the Inca were one of the best designed civs in that game. With the additions to match Civ VI's longer ability lists, this incarnation will have even bigger bonuses to food and production, and I suspect they'll want aqueducts in most cities for both the housing and the terrace farm bonuses. I do think they could have issues with amenities, and there will be some interesting trade-offs between terrace farms and campus/holy site adjacencies. They're also likely to have fewer good industrial zone sites, since they'll often be building terrace farms where other civs would build mines.

On a less Inca specific note, the implementation of tunnels seems really silly. The point of a tunnel is to go directly through a narrow area of mountains, not to allow instant transport to a distant part of the same range.

Depravo, Leyrann and Guandao like this.
  13. bbbt

bbbt Deity

I'm a little underwhelmed, even though it seems like a solid design. I think after the Maori I want everything to have some sort of crazy/out of left field design, and this is pretty straightforward.

14. Eagle Pursuit

Maybe the order of reveals wasn't settled when this video was made. I noticed some voice over editing too.

15. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I agree about the tunnels. To be honest I'd rather they not be in the game if this was how they had to do them.

16. Giskler

Giskler +1 Sleuthing

So, what is this? It's in the background in the last of the official screenshots. New Natural Wonder?

17. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Virago Moderator

Looks a very solid civ design, especially like the UU.
    Probably won't be the new civ I'll play first but I suspect I'll end up playing them a lot.

18. Proclo

Proclo Warlord

They are a growth SUPER-POWER

JimGrumpypants and Jkchart like this.
  19. bite

bite Unofficial Civilization Cartographer Super Moderator

Vesuvius from a different angle ?

20. Eagle Pursuit

Better than the way Carthage crossed mountains in Civ V. That was garbage. And now you don't have the combat imbalance of units attacking from fully defensible mountain tiles.