[GS] Inca Livestream-Dec 20th

Everybody talking about the GDR

And I'm here overjoyed that the Nazca lines are now an improvement, as someone who's been building Colossal Heads everywhere he could from day 1 :D
(... but I'll also build some GDR for sure)
Oh I can't wait to see the Moai and Nazca lines! I want to build them both in the same city as a Colossal head and Chemamull so I can tea party with all four! (I hope the Nazcar lines are some sort of face or animal or something you could have tea with)
Spoiler Images of my obsession with Moai and Colossal heads... :
Civ5 Moai Head comic.png
Civ6 Colossal Head comic.png

LATE EDIT: I should of included the links to the artist's original posts: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/21800444/ (Civ5 Moai) and http://www.furaffinity.net/view/21800459/ (Civ6 Colossal heads)

Last edited:
Wow, I'm so glad Firaxis decided to include an old unfunny meme instead of actually doing their research on near-future technology, I look forward to the Chuck Norris joke they will include in the 3rd expansion.:rolleyes:
Well, according to what they said during the stream they actually did this research and had already an concept for the near-future units but then someone had the glorious idea to scratch all that in favor of the GDR.

I'm a sad monkey with the GDR. I probably wouldn't have any problem with it if it was a land unit. But going on the ocean? I'm sorry, I have to draw the line on things that clearly violate the laws of physics

Sounds like you are just singling out one thing that irks you for defying your so-called "laws of physics" but ignoring the thousands of others in the game.

The GDR is just a dynamic icon representing the tech of the age brought to bear on that hex and its surrounds.
Just like an archer is not a single human standing in a hex and shooting arrows for 10 years.

Did we see the Nazca lines in game?

It doesn't matter how you do it, but simple expansion in in general seems to be the way to go. You can have all the cards you want; if you don't have an oil well, it's just not happening.
Now, 2 iron works because swords have no maintenance. 2 oil does not work because you can make ... two... infantry units.
In the stream, carl has 4-5 oil deposits (3 in the north, one he builds a well on the eastern shore, another oil platform is in the northwest of his empire.) He also has 3 modern armor armies and 2 infantry army, maybe more. But his oil is going up. I'm assuming resource maintenance is higher for armies than individual units. So that would be 15ish oil consumption. It must be providing more than 2-3 per deposit.

Why not just trade with your allies that you have been able to keep since you have been so friendly. Or you can win using your diplomatic favor you have built up.

That said nice guys finish last, and I think the game should require some balance of science/military/diplomacy to win consistently at the higher levels instead of just saying I want to build 4 cities and turtle every game in spite of the setup you have been given.

Oh I can't wait to see the Moai and Nazca lines! I want to build them both in the same city as a Colossal head and Chemamull so I can tea party with all four! (I hope the Nazcar lines are some sort of face or animal or something you could have tea with)

I FORGOT ABOUT THE MOAI BLESS YOU YOU BEAUTIFUL ANGEL

Also believe it or not I was actually thinking of the second comic and of how much I related to it lol

I do hope the Nazca lines will produce different shapes each time you build one! Hummingbird! Whale! Et cetera!

And the Maori delegation gifts are indeed huhu grubs (beetle larvae), cloak (korowai) and... paua (delicious), I think.

Edit: I misread pounamu into paua. It greenstone/jade, rather than shellfish.

Last edited:
Maybe one of the modders will later make a mod with an AC 130 gunship for you or one of these next generation Stryker mech units that the USA, Russia, and China has as a replacement of sorts.

Could be a cool mod for those that are not sci-fi lovers.

Love gunships!

I dislike GDRs too, but have to say this one looks to be keen enough to be worth giving a shot.

Citation please so I can enjoy more of the artist's work...

I was worried that the future era would get too crazy with new units but if they are just adding a Giant Death Robot with new upgrades is that basically going to be the only endgame unit I guess?
Though a flying gunship would be cool too.

paua (delicious), I think.
Well, it is shellfish so it goes off fast, tases ok (a little rubbery) and sort f meaty...but very pretty shells. In essence Abalone.

Crap in comparison to trading jade and feathers.

Last edited:
I really liked the look of the flood defences Hungary had. Having them built in the city centre but displayed on the map seems good to me. The projects to change types of power plant and to recommission your elderly nuclear power plants look like good game mechanics. The question left for me is how worthwhile power will be and how balanced are the resource requirements for power and units but I'd guess thats something they are still tweaking.

I worry about some of these numbers as well. This only encourages steamrolling in the early game. Diplomacy be damned. Small turtle empires will not have the resources they need. I've had quite a few games without coal.

and I like the interesting decisions this could make. But of course comparing it to reality where very quickly nearly every city was powered once the technology was affordable. It's not like we have unpowered cities today. North Korea notwithstanding.

This.

In vanilla, oil was super rare on the map, but somewhat common off shore (even with abundant resources on). Now in current expansion it is hardly any better. I can count on two hands the amount of games recently I have had without oil.

It really makes you wonder if Firaxis devs are staunch believers in "peak oil" myth or think that oil is scarce on Earth. I don't care about their political or social beliefs, but it really affects the way I play the game when oil is too rare on the map. It usually makes me warmonger like crazy, even if I was not planning to do so.

Coal is better but on occasion I have had games with none around for large areas.

None of these things are rare in reality and I hate having to play on abundant most games. Civ5 was better than this and it really is very annoying to have to go warmongering mid game just to grab a resource to keep others off you. If even basic infantry units need this stuff this is tough. The AI will not trade this stuff unless they have 2 or 3 copies of it. Sometimes they still refuse to trade oil and uranium.

Top Bottom