[GS] Inca Livestream-Dec 20th

I dont like GDR ... its too fantasy and not realistic. They said future era ends aproximatly 2050 and I am sure there wouldnt be walking giant robots by then. On the other hand its good they have only one future era units whics left 4 more global units to fill gaps in industral era I hope

The GDR looks fun, but it's placed way too early in the tech tree, and it's a real bummer that they went with GDR upgrades to the exclusion of other, more realistic future units. Kind of sad.
I'm worrying especially because in the current state of the tech tree you can directly go to GDR an skip Mechanized Infantry, Modern Armor, Rocket Artillery and all other Information Era units comletely.

I think the GDR should be a future era unit an come with one of the new unreveiled techs. That would make way more sense.

Attachments

• robbotics.jpg
    robbotics.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 4,539
The new future thechs hold upgrades for the GDR, though.
As they are randomized, it wouldn't be guaranteed that the robot is available before them - which is something that should be ensured.

But I definitely feel that one (or maybe two) information era technologies should be prerequisites for the GDR. 'Composites' and 'Sattelites' seem to make sense imo.

Mhrm, maybe there are also still techs that are disabled in the stream build? Techs that would otherwise be empty (because what they unlock is disabled too)?^^

That was a fun stream!
  • They seem to be hinting that the AI will actually use air units now, Poland certainly had a lot of fighters buzzing about, and used anti-air guns too.
  • City-states actually build their unique improvements now (Alcazar in Granada)! This has little real effect, but is a nice graphical touch, especially with Moai and Nazca lines on the way.
  • The Qhapaq Ñan look like very effective ways to spread quickly along a mountain range, which seems pretty fun to me.
  • They've made a good effort with the GDR, it looks like a hoot, so long as they fix the tech tree path to it.

Can't wait to zip along the Qhapaq Ñan.
They said any civ can use it, but what if other portals are covered by fog of war? I'm assuming the other civs would have had to reveal the portals first, which should give Inca some advantage, since they can see them all.

If you get caught spying on a Civ you gain 30 Diplomatic Favour by agreeing not the spy on them anymore. You get grievances if you say you'll keep on spying.
So, in the end you get positive outcome for doing bad things. What’s the logic here?
If you promise not to spy just because you were caught spying, then you should get maybe less grievances for the fact that you promise to behave better in the future. But the fact remains - you spied on them nonetheless.
I would consider fair to give Favors only if you promise not to spy voluntarily. Could be an option in the Discuss menu.

Can't wait to zip along the Qhapaq Ñan.
They said any civ can use it, but what if other portals are covered by fog of war? I'm assuming the other civs would have had to reveal the portals first, which should give Inca some advantage, since they can see them all.
So if you see portals one should block the entrances then, if you do not like surprises!

So if you see portals one should block the entrances then, if you do not like surprises!

If an enemy unit is blocking a portal can you attack through Qhapaq Ñan? May have to wait until Feb 14.

My biggest complaint on units is likewise, the lack of upgrades for the destroyer and carrier. Missile cruisers and nuke subs are okay. Putting in a machine gun upgrade that actually is viable would have been nice too.
On this topic:

-Nuclear powered supercarriers
-Go back to adding in the Civ IV stealth destroyer or the like
-Perhaps add like a Minigun mounted on a humvee for a machine gun upgrade? So high mobility like the mech infantry, but with a ranged attack. Alternately, bring back the TOW from CIV III (but I think technically Modern AT has that covered).

I think the GDR should be a future era unit an come with one of the new unreveiled techs. That would make way more sense.

It would make more sense strategically and "historically", but would mess up the randomised future tech tree. If GDRs appeared in the future era, you could potentially have to go through five different techs "upgrading" your GDRs before you ever actually unlocked the ability to build them.

It would make more sense strategically and "historically", but would mess up the randomised future tech tree. If GDRs appeared in the future era, you could potentially have to go through five different techs "upgrading" your GDRs before you ever actually unlocked the ability to build them.

They'd have to slightly compromise their vision for the Future Era techs and have one of them, unlocking GDRs, in a fixed location right at the start of the new era.

Having Nuclear Fusion and Robotics be the prerequisite for GDRs would make sense to me, but from a game play balance perspective, it's way too soon to tell whether their current location makes sense or not. I'm leaning to them coming too early, but we'll see.

I was both sad and giddy that Poland faced the airplanes and GDR with calarly. It was disheartening to see that while in their earlier save of the Hungary game Poland had a sizable navy they had now cut it down to hardly anything. Battleships are still over powered and well the new units may make the final slaughter faster, it will not make it more fun. More fun with be more resistance.

So, in the end you get positive outcome for doing bad things. What’s the logic here?
If you promise not to spy just because you were caught spying, then you should get maybe less grievances for the fact that you promise to behave better in the future. But the fact remains - you spied on them nonetheless.
I would consider fair to give Favors only if you promise not to spy voluntarily. Could be an option in the Discuss menu.

If you promise them you won't spy, you show that you can be trusted, UNLESS you break your promise, in which not only will you likely incur more greviances, but also give them a Casus Belli against you (Retribution).

They'd have to slightly compromise their vision for the Future Era techs and have one of them, unlocking GDRs, in a fixed location right at the start of the new era.

Having Nuclear Fusion and Robotics be the prerequisite for GDRs would make sense to me, but from a game play balance perspective, it's way too soon to tell whether their current location makes sense or not. I'm leaning to them coming too early, but we'll see.

If they're going to come at Robotics, it feels like their base strength should be dropped by about 15-20 points, and then one of the future upgrades should be a +20 strength. It's really not hard to beeline computers, and then skip into Rocketry, and you can do that while avoiding the whole bottom half of the tech tree. Ideally it should come at the start of the future era, requiring ALL current techs before you can build it, but that might be hard given the randomized nature.

I would've been irritated about the GDR returning if they hadn't made it so darn cool and we weren't getting the future era anyway.

Personnaly I didn't like CiV GDR at all, it felt very like underwhelming. The best unit in the game play just like an infantry. Meanwhile the XCOM really felt like the future, the way you played it was totally different from the rest.
That's why I'm excited for the GDR : it's not one but multiple brand new gameplay mechanics. You have to research the upgrades ! It can fly, swim and shoot lasers in the same turn ! Unlike ciV, this one actually feels like straight out of an anime, it's even closer to the original horsehockypost.

The only thing I'm worried about are some balance like the cost that seemed really low for something decided as "the unit equivalent of a wonder" but maybe it will be compensated by the rareness of uranium.

The GDR looks fun, but it's placed way too early in the tech tree, and it's a real bummer that they went with GDR upgrades to the exclusion of other, more realistic future units. Kind of sad.

Metal Gear Zeke was built in 1975, it's historically correct I have the thech where it is.

Top Bottom