Inca

The Inca do not need a total rework. Just some number tweaks.

The things that ought get solved, I think, are:

(1 The Inca need to be fun even if the map adds very few or no mountains. (The "continents" mapscript loves this.)
(2 The UI needs to be powerful enough to make up for the fact that it can't very often be used.

(2 might be a numbers tweak. I suspect it's not, though, because you either can't place any significant terrace farms, or else you've created a tile on par with a natural wonder (wheat on flood plains next to a few hills can ultimately yield something like 9-12 food.) There's a middle ground, but I feel like it's the rarer beast, and it's frustrating to see how often the map scripts take spots away from an Incan player.

(1 is simply not a numbers tweak. If there are no mountains, the yields on them don't matter.

There's currently an unused table in the database: Improvement_AdjacentResourceYieldChanges.
Why not add this UI to this table and have sheep in adjacent tiles boost it?

Was Inca really a civ that needed boost with their superpowerful UA? There is plenty civs with more useless UA (America, Ethopia, Morocco, Arabia), worse UI/building/unit or ones that come very very late and more RNG dependant (Shosho, Brazil).

Now Inca have - depending how mountains will scale - one of the most powerful UA in the game, while plenty of civs sit in their zone of mediocrity.

So I just found out today that cathedrals do not apply their bonuses to terrace farms. Just thought everyone would like to know. *Moment of realization of something obvious*

So I just found out today that cathedrals do not apply their bonuses to terrace farms. Just thought everyone would like to know. *Moment of realization of something obvious*

I would add the Exploitation policy from Imperialism to this

I would propose changing the name of the Terrace Farm into something else (maybe Andenes?) just so people stop assuming that they are farms.

I think the new Inca UA on mountains is quite balanced as is at the moment. However, it's a tad strong for them if it's a lone mountain along a river because then they'll have a good head start. But they currently shine in the late game when you have a mountain chain city with a lot of people working them. It can be ridiculous.

I just started a game with Inca and was lucky enough to settle turn 2 on top of a mountain with lots of mountains near by. Just settling on top of mountain gives you a great boost and guaranteed good pantheon if you go tradition. Though that is not really important because I very rarely see AI taking that mountain pantheon. Which is great pantheon just four mountains near by gets your borders growing pretty fast. All in all with good start Incas are probably the best Civ in my opinion. It is okay though because they are also very situational.

Also with many mountains near your cities there is absolutely no way anyone can attack you succesfully with your slingers standing on top of mountains. My neighbor is Rome so I am just waiting to crush his attack.

All in all one of the most interesting civs to play with and I haven't even researched terrace farms yet which seem awesome now that they have that 1c added to them.

Last edited:
The terrace farm tooltip says it gives +1 food to adjacent terrace farms, but they definitely don't. Was this a feature of them from the past that never got removed from the tooltip?

The terrace farm tooltip says it gives +1 food to adjacent terrace farms, but they definitely don't. Was this a feature of them from the past that never got removed from the tooltip?
They are supposed to gain 1F from adjacent mountains and provide 1F to adjacent farms (not terrace farms), if the tooltip is claiming anything other than that, then the tooltip is probably wrong.

I am having my first game for Inca right now and i wanted to ask why Inca can't pave trade routes from cities that are built on mountains? Is there any idea behind this?

I am having my first game for Inca right now and i wanted to ask why Inca can't pave trade routes from cities that are built on mountains? Is there any idea behind this?
Pretty sure it's a bug, but I didn't want to report it when I experienced because I had a ton of other issues with Inca as well, like not being able to auto-explore or automate workers (if I settled my capital on a mountain), and no one else seemed to have these issues.

Top Bottom