1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Incan Amphibious EVERYTHING!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Bug Reports' started by Mano3, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Mano3

Mano3 King

I thought a had a slim chance to win this last game, until the Incans invaded from the sea and ALL of their units were amphibious!:mad: Am I missing something? Please let this be a fixable bug...

Additionally, the Incans used nukes against me long after anti-nuclear proliferation was passed...

Very, very frustrating...

Attached Files:

2. 50_dollar_bag

50_dollar_bag Imitation Louis Vuitton

Is it not possible that they just promoted their units to amphimbious? takes combat II so 10xp. Or were they Marines? Sorry I can't look at the save.

As far as non-proliferation goes I haved the exact same thing, and funnily enough with the Incans, although it might be some consolation that it was they Incans being nuked after the treaty was passed. I'm also confused as to how the treaty works. Does it ban the construction of new nukes but let's the existing nukes still be launched, kind of unfair that way. Shouldn't it just remove them from the game altogether?

3. flamingzaroc121

flamingzaroc121 Emperor

all the treaty does is ban new nukes. so you can build the Manhattan Project, build a bunch of nukes, pass the treaty and nuke the world with out any one nuking you back

4. ori

ori Repair Guy Super Moderator

:hmm: most of his units on your continent are NOT amphibious - he just build a couple of marines to start an overseas invasion, which is the sensible thing to do - no cheat there.
    Also as others pointed out you can build nukes before nonproliferation is passed and use them afterwards - so this was probably his first major war after that resolution and he still had a few goodies to throw at you, no cheat either.

5. MrCynical

MrCynical Deity

1)By "amphibious" I think you're still thinking in Civ 3 terms, when only amphibious units could attack from the sea at all. In Civ 4 ALL land units can attack from the sea, but do so at a 50% penalty unless they have the "Amphibious" promotion (which I've never seen the AI use). Marines and the Viking UU start with this promotion.

2)To re-iterate; the nuclear non-proliferation treaty only prevents construction of further nukes. It doesn't destroy any nukes civs already have, or prevent their use.

6. Mano3

Mano3 King

The initial invasion consisted of maybe 2 Marines. The rest seemed to be Modern Armor and Gunships right off the Transports.

As for the nukes, I now realize he some before the nuke-ban, but I didn't realize you could still use them.

Well poop-on-a-stick! :mad: Even with the -50% penalty, he had enough troops to knock out my city. Geez, this sure changes things...