1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Incomplete Napoleonic Aztec Rifleman

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Unit Graphics' started by Iaksones, May 25, 2016.

1. Iaksones

Iaksones Chieftain

I tried my hand at unit creation again after drooling over some of Paradox's EU:IV unit models, and I came up short again. I did manage to make it to assigning the template's skeleton to the new model, this time.

Anyway I attempted to put the right-most unit in the picture here onto a rifleman template following Wolfdog's and Deliverator's tutorials. I used the decimate function on the model pretty hard to get the vertice count down to something more reasonable for Civ 5, got it lined up pretty well, and transferred bone weights. That's supposedly the hard part right? But NexusBuddy stumps me on all fronts :crazyeye:. The attached zip contains my last .blend file (from v2.77) and diff, normal, and spec textures for both the unit and the gun. Maybe someone will be interested in a job already partly done!

Attached Files:

2. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

Just interested, in what way are you stumped by Nexus Buddy?

3. Iaksones

Iaksones Chieftain

Bearing in mind that my modding time intersects with my couple-of-beers time late at night, I couldn't view the aztec .gr created after loading the rifleman template .gr and overwriting with the aztec .br mesh. I used save as, closed out, and reloaded to try again. Also I'm not sure how to assign all the textures.