1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Inconsistent Great Person Costs

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Halcyan2, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

I am finding that occasionally, Great People costs for a given era are higher than normal (around 33% higher).

This first happened several games ago when I passed on a Great Person. I thought it had something to do with passing.

But in my current game as Brazil, all of the newly appearing Industrial Great People initially cost 33% more than normal (compared to the Great Musician's cost). This happened even though no one was passing, and occurred after I and the AI's, earned Great People normally and through Patronage.

However, after this latest crop of expensive Industrial Great People, the next wave of Industrial Great People went back down to normal.

My only guess is that previously, we were actually slightly ahead of "average" in that the average of all major civs was still in the Medieval era so we were normally getting Renaissance Great People. But we exhausted all of them so we got a kickstart on Industrial Great People. Recently, the "average" finally reached Renaissance so we would normally receive Industrial Great People and that's when the normal cost started appearing again. I wonder if that is the reason for the cost change.

If that is so, that seems to imply that Great People that become available too early (than what the global average should allow for) have an added point cost.

Has anyone else experienced this? It could also be that this is simply a bug rather than an intended design feature.

2. Jabulani

Jabulani Warlord

Agreed, you can also see the matter from a different perspective, I mean, once in the middle-late eras you can buy some powerful Great People for 2 cents, both in terms of faith or money.

To me it doesn't make sense like a thounsand other things, but devs are proud of this AI behaviour