1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Incorrect attack chances

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Raledon, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Raledon

Raledon Warlord

While holding a group and hovering on an attack, the game sometimes shows incorrect value for my chance for win/defeat/retreat.
    For example, I may have a 91% to win, 0% defeat, and 7.5% to retreat. The values are incorrect, as attacking will kill the unit (with 0% defeat shown), and attacking with multiple units with different health will show the same chances.
    I suspect it may be due to having a unit that has already attacked and cannot attack again, showing its chances (as the strongest unit) instead of the unit that will actually attack. I haven't been able to confirm this suspicion or actually check the reason behind this, though.

Edit: I just noticed the sticky thread about the bugs/crashes (Somehow missed it earlier). In the future, should I post there instead of creating new threads?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2017
  2. Noriad2

Noriad2 Emperor

If you have a stack selected that has one unit with zero movement left, the whole stack will have zero movement and right-clicking on the enemy (without releasing the mouse button) will show that it will take 2 turns to attack. You should de-select the units with zero movement and try again.

3. Raledon

Raledon Warlord

That is correct, but the issue appears when I have a unit that has attacked, but still possess movement. For example, a knight.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

There is sometimes disagreement between which unit should be attacking when you attack with a stack. This can result from various bug options in play. One thing I would urge any player to do is go into the bug options that pertain to the combat help and make sure that you are displaying for yourself which unit would be making the attack. I also do not advise attacking with the whole stack, but rather with the unit you have confidence in. You can often FIND the best unit to attack with by selecting all and seeing what it states but don't assume that's how it's going to play out because when the AI goes to attack with a stack it starts taking in some new considerations that are designed for the AI to help it with a larger strategy to better overcome a target, including sending in some sacrifices first on purpose, and that is muddled in with how it goes about making that selection when you attack with the whole stack. It's a little messy and complex in the code now and very difficult to sort out and if I could, I still would probably be better off leaving it alone so as not to introduce worse bugs.