Incorrect Influence from liberating CS

Light Cleric

ElCee/LC/El Cid
So Gehngis Khan offered me Kathmandu in a peace deal along with some gold/gpt.I took it and liberated Kathmandu:
Spoiler :

However, as I had not met them as a city-state yet, it popped up the meeting screen and they actually gave me gold:
Spoiler :

...And now my influence is 60 where it should be much higher from liberating them:
Spoiler :

Am I missing something here?

Attaching a save before the peace deal so you can see the full sequence(this is why I keep a bunch of autosaves on :p):

Attachments

• AutoSave_0201 AD-1410.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 39
I'm not certain, but I think this may be normal for liberating a CS. It could be a little higher normally, but I don't think you ever get really high amounts of influence from liberating CSs.

Someone correct me if this is not the case.

I couldn't remember the exact number either, but in the same game, I've got Almaty at 225 influence after liberating them twice(I was at like 40 influence when Gehngis captured them much earlier in the game), so it made me think something was off here.

I'd say that it could very well be simply a +60 influence point for liberatin, i.e a hidden quest.

The most important thing is unless you really care for the alliance, you don't need to keep them allied with you for the U.N vote. They will vote even if you are constantly at war with them.

This seems to be standard for CSs you didn't meet before liberating. May be a function of having been at war with their owner before you met them (by liberating) -- going from -60 to +60? When I liberate a CS that I had met before, liberation results in significantly higher influence, tied to where we were before they were conquered (I.e., if friends before conquering, post-liberation influence is much higher). Can't say, though, that I've recorded before and after influence, to see what the delta is across many games and circumstances.

Top Bottom