1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Incorrect yield icons?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by ekolis, Nov 26, 2016.

1. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

I just installed this mod; I wasn't expecting it to apply immediately as soon as I load a game I had already in progress, so sorry if that's causing this issue...

Anyway, I noticed that some of the yield icons shown on terran when I select a worker are incorrect - they're not including bonuses from social policies and techs. Those bonuses are displayed when I hover over the tile, but they're not shown on the actual terrain tiles; I have to add them in manually in my head.

2. vyyt

vyyt Deity

I am not sure if I understand correctly - are you saying that you started a vanilla game, saved it and then installed VP and continued the same game?!?!? If yes, then you cannot expect it to work correctly - I am surprised that you managed to even load the game. Or did you install just the CP part? (fixing the vanilla bugs and improving the AI, but not changing the gameplay)

Anyway what you are describing should not be happening. The yields should show correctly.

Edit: You say the mod applied immediately, so I suspect that you installed the multiplayer modpack manually (which uses the fake DLC method like EUI). If you are not playing multiplayer, I suggest to delete it and use the autoinstaller from the stickied main install thread first. It will install all the necessary components by itself and you do not have to worry if you installed it correctly. Once get used to the game, you can try the multiplayer modpack (you can use it even in the single player mode to save he clicking and loading time for activating the mod).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  3. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

Yeah, it was a vanilla game I loaded. I was surprised that the mod was even loaded; I didn't choose the "mods" option when starting it up, just single player > load game. I thought mods had to be loaded explicitly when starting or loading a game?

I installed the mod using the installer. Was this the wrong way to do things?

Do I need to disable the mod? Is it too late to do so? How would I do this given that I didn't even think I loaded it into my game to begin with?

4. merill

merill Prince

you haven't load the mod.
    For playing with the mod, you to go to mods-> check the mods -> next->set up game

What you see is the UI changes from EUI.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  5. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

It's too late now, the only way to get rid of the mod is by formatting the hard drive

Enginseer and merill like this.
  6. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

So EUI is always loaded once I run the installer, even if I don't have any actual mods loaded? What's going on with the yield icons, then? Which data is accurate - the icons or the tooltips? Will starting a new game fix it?

7. Moi Magnus

Moi Magnus Emperor

EUI is a strange mod, it cannot be installed "normally", so it is in the DLC folder (name : ui_bc1), and is automatically activated.
    If you don't want to use it in vanilla games, you have to delete the ui_bc1 folder (a way of doing so is to install VP without EUI, the auto-installer should find and delete the EUI)

8. ekolis

ekolis Chieftain

Interesting... So does this mean that achievements are still active if I use this mod? Can other mods use this trick to work around that limitation? I can't disable it on the Steam library page for Civ5, so I guess it's not exactly a DLC either?

9. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

EUI that comes with CBP/VP/CBO works only with it and will have bugs in vanilla game.

10. ashendashin

ashendashin King

You can use one of the MP modpacks if you want achievements, though they're not updated as often.
    Creating your own modpack is possible through the process here https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mpmpm-multiplayer-mod-dlc-hack-updated.533238/