Increase randomness of combat results?

I believe I've found the code that determines this in the GlobalDefines file. Here are the relevant files, with descriptions from another thread.
Code:
ATTACK_SAME_STRENGTH_MIN_DAMAGE (400) = The minimum amount of damage melee units deal when evenly matched in hundreths (4 damage).
RANGE_ATTACK_RANGED_DEFENDER_MOD (125) = The defensive value for ranged units against ranged attacks (125%).
ATTACK_SAME_STRENGTH_POSSIBLE_EXTRA_DAMAGE (400) = developer note: this will actually produce between 0.00 and 3.99 damage (rounded down to 0-3 typically)
RANGE_ATTACK_SAME_STRENGTH_MIN_DAMAGE (200) = The minimum amount of damage ranged units deal when evenly matched in hundreths (2 damage).
RANGE_ATTACK_SAME_STRENGTH_POSSIBLE_EXTRA_DAMAGE (400) = developer note: this will actually produce between 0.00 and 3.99 damage (rounded down to 0-2 typically)
AIR_STRIKE_SAME_STRENGTH_MIN_DEFENSE_DAMAGE (200) = The minimum amount of damage air units take when evenly matched in hundreths (2 damage).
AIR_STRIKE_SAME_STRENGTH_POSSIBLE_EXTRA_DEFENSE_DAMAGE (200) = developer note: this will actually produce between 0.00 and 1.99 damage (rounded down to 0-1 typically)
INTERCEPTION_SAME_STRENGTH_MIN_DAMAGE (400) = The minimum amount of damage air units deal in interception when evenly matched in hundreths (4 damage).
INTERCEPTION_SAME_STRENGTH_POSSIBLE_EXTRA_DAMAGE (300) = developer note: this will actually produce between 0.00 and 2.99 damage (rounded down to 0-2 typically)

I've tested it by greatly exaggerating values and it's possible to get very different damage scores from identical combat situations, i.e randomness. So to increase randomness of combat result would I think involve lowering the STRENGTH_MIN_DAMAGE and raising the POSSIBLE_EXTRA_DAMAGE value.

Top Bottom