1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase Workable Tile Radius

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by bostonbongrips, Mar 2, 2017.

1. bostonbongrips

bostonbongrips Chieftain

One of my favorite mods from Civ 5 was @Porthaky 's mod that increased the city radius from 3-5 allowing you to work all the tiles within a maxed out city's borders. I would love to have this option for Civ 6 but I know nothing about creating mods. Do any of you awesome modders have an idea on how to do this?

Thanks

2. TheRealHellBlazer

TheRealHellBlazer Chieftain

I'm nor sure this is possible without dll access, doesn't seem to be any database related entries for it. There is also the small draw back on not being able to swap tiles to a new city that are next to another cities city center district.

bostonbongrips likes this.
  3. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

In civ5 increasing the workable tile range from a city required an updated dll. even though there was a Define for the workable range in the civ5 xml it was ignored.

there is a global parameter for this in civ6's xml but this may be another case of not moddable without being able to mod the dll, which as yet has not been released.

[edit]

the GlobalParameter in Civ6 for max 3 tiles out a city can purchase is called "CITY_MAX_BUY_PLOT_RANGE". Increasing it to 4 as I did here is implemented into the game's database but has no actual alteration in-game:
    Code:
    	<GlobalParameters>
    		<Update>
    			<Where Name="CITY_MAX_BUY_PLOT_RANGE" />
    			<Set Value="4" />
    		</Update>
    	</GlobalParameters>
    There is no seperate parameter for workable tile range, so it all appears to be locked up and hard-coded in the game's dll, although it might be possible to adjust the parameter and then re-write the city tile-purchasing interface to allow purchasing tiles out to 4 or more tiles. But working them looks like it is a no-go until we have access to the game's dll.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  4. TheRealHellBlazer

It appears I stand corrected, there is a database entry for it, my apologies.

However, as LeeS says though, whether or not it actually does anything is another matter.

5. bostonbongrips

bostonbongrips Chieftain

Thanks for the notes, looking forward to the dll getting released as it seems like that will unlock a lot for modders.

Androrc the Orc likes this.
  6. Androrc the Orc

Androrc the Orc Emperor

It would be pretty nice for it to be released, but we may have to wait a long time... if it will ever be released. Civ: BE's DLL source still isn't available, and may never be.

7. TheRealHellBlazer

The bad news is it was over 2 years before the Civ 5 DLL became available to modders. Around the beginning of Nov 2012 in fact. The SDK was release within a few weeks of Civ 5 release, so if that info is anything to go on, we could be in for a very, VERY long wait.

8. stop_ykrop

stop_ykrop Chieftain

Hello. Are there any changes on this issue?

9. LeeS

LeeS Imperator